Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obliterator virus, Tsons Rubric, etc etc

we all know of the major changes that have happened to the traitor legions since they've entered the EoT.

im just wondering if over the eons have the legions exhibited some sort of flaw in their gene-seed that the loyal chapters are experiencing now? and if so, what would they be?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I wouldn't really say flaws in their gene-seed. Most are mutations as a result of exposure to the Warp. The Obliterator Virus is not a flaw but rather a Warp mutation that infects the CSM.

I have no doubt that some Traitor Legions have developed gene-seed flaws, just like their Loyalist counterparts, but they are pushed aside by Warp mutations, gifts from the Chaos Gods and the handiwork of men like Fabius Bile.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Death Guard were almost immune to all kinds of poisen if that counts.
Thousand sons mutated rapidly untill the coming of Magnus who only saved a thousand of them, hence, the Thousand Sons.
World Eaters became berzerkers even before they became worshippers of Khorne due to cybernetic enhancements though this probably dosen't count.
Thats all i can think of at the moment.
Hope this helps.

CS

·
Registered
592 Posts
im just wondering if over the eons have the legions exhibited some sort of flaw in their gene-seed that the loyal chapters are experiencing now? and if so, what would they be?
That depends if you could still identify it as a geneseed when it comes to some of the older heresy-era CSM, considering the warp exposure.

With the recent renegade CSM however, they will probably resemble their gene-fathers like the loyalists. Keep in mind that Renegade CSM often join the Black Legion and flag their color, same with other Legion marines. So, ironically enough, a bunch of Black Legionaires could be walking around with Guilliman's Geneseed - or a 'flavour' thereof.

World Eaters became berzerkers even before they became worshippers of Khorne due to cybernetic enhancements though this probably dosen't count.
Actually, it wasn't cybernetics. It was lobotomization :p also referred to as 'psycho-surgery'.

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
Actually, it wasn't cybernetics. It was lobotomization :p also referred to as 'psycho-surgery'.
In part it was, systems in their armor -and themselves- injecting battle drugs and the like.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I thought their crazy aggression was caused by an enlarged or over active amygdala, in addition to the severing of areas of connections with the limbic system, which would otherwise mediate their aggression. The lobotomy on its own should not work.

You don't need drugs then, just stay the hell away from one.

Bile said that the original geneseed for most of the traitor legions are too deterioated to work with. But most of the early geneseeds were pure, with the exception of the space wolves, salamanders and the thousand sons

1 - 6 of 6 Posts