Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Traitor homeworlds

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  ckcrawford 
#1 ·
So we know (somewhat) of the fate of most of the traitor legion homeworlds by the 41st millennium.
However, what do we know of them during the HH? Were there any loyalist attacks planned for these strongholds, some of which aren't that far away from Terra/places of Imperial power.

I wonder if any new fluff will be added surrounding these, eg failed attacks or strikes. Space Wolves potentially?

We can rule out the following, generally:

Prospero - destroyed/barren.
Olympia - Brutally sacked by its own legion - was there much left in terms of legion strength or resources?
Nostramo - destroyed.
Alpha's unknown homeworld

Would love to learn any more of these 5 during the Heresy. One is mentioned at the end of Know No Fear but we still know nothing of it's circumstances during the war.

Cthonia
Nuceria - we know the World Eaters never made this their stamping ground and mostly took aspirants from all over the place - however Bodt was noted as being their main training ground - for a period at least.
Barbarus
Chemos
Colchis

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
In Atlas Infernal it descirbes how lots of worlds near the Eye were plunged into chaos during Abaddons crusades as the warp storm; wonder how many homeworlds were near Cadia at the time that could have been affected?

#3 ·
Given that, generally speaking, the traitors remained on the offensive throughout the Heresy it seems unlikely that any of the homeworlds would have been attacked. Not only because the Imperials were by-and-large on the back-foot and reeling from the treachery, but because there would have been no significant gains to have been made by claiming the rebel homeworlds.

It would have taken a significant force as well, given many (though not all) homeworlds were the central recruiting grounds for the Legions they would have been well-defended.

#6 ·
I thought as much with the Imperials on the mass defensive and strategically no gain and having never heard of anything canon. My only contention and room for thought was with the leftovers of 3 legions out for revenge it seemed like there could be room to open it up. That being said those 3 legions are very under strength and incapable of taking most of the homeworlds.

I gather there's nothing really mentioned, or that will be mentioned until the time of the Scouring if we're lucky.

#5 ·
Seems Colchis turned to shit after Lorgar left.

(from lexicanum)
Colchis:
Under Lorgar's brief rule the planet prospered but when the Emperor took Lorgar away, the planet plummeted back to a feudal state. Imperial traffic avoided Colchis not only for its lack of orbital infrastructure but also due to rumours that the area was unreliable after the disappearance of the 2,188th Expeditionary Fleet.

When the Ultramarines returned to Colchis to purge it after the Horus Heresy they found a collapsed world. All of the industries were destroyed and people barely clung on to life. The Inquisition ordered the cleansing by the use of cyclonic torpedoes, disrupting Colchis's delicate geological structure, and thereby triggering a catastrophic explosion that annihilated the planet.

#9 ·
Just really couldn't leave anyone at all. AT ALL.
Well, they probably wanted to hit Terra with everything they had. Every single legionary was probably called.

I mean, think about it. They were either going to take Terra, and in that case, the Word Bearers would be back soon enough to take care of things.

OR

They would fail at Terra. And the last place you wanted to be was your very publicly known homeworld.

#13 ·
Gah, I actually read the Lex entry. You made a mistake when you paraphrased it.

It says that Colchis had fallen into a feudal state BEFORE the coming of Lorgar, not AFTER he left it.

"It was originally a technologically advanced world but it regressed to a feudal state, prior to the arrival of Lorgar."

In this case, yes, the Lex is correct. After the Emperor came, Colchis caught up with the rest of the Imperium.

#14 · (Edited)
you forgot to read something I think

"Under Lorgar's brief rule the planet prospered but when the Emperor took Lorgar away, the planet plummeted back to a feudal state. Imperial traffic avoided Colchis not only for its lack of orbital infrastructure but also due to rumours that the area was unreliable after the disappearance of the 2,188th Expeditionary Fleet[2]."

"When the Ultramarines returned to Colchis to purge it after the Horus Heresy they found a collapsed world. All of the industries were destroyed and people barely clung on to life. The Inquisition ordered the cleansing by the use of cyclonic torpedoes, disrupting Colchis's delicate geological structure, and thereby triggering a catastrophic explosion that annihilated the planet.[1]"

a litteral copy paste from http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Colchis#.U2nbG_l_uyU

he certainly did not "paraphrase" it. it was more a direct quotation. in any case there is a very big chance that this is old fluff anyhow. and that it will be changed soon.

#17 ·
Colchis' collapse was more likely due to a reversion to Chaos worship (which Lorgar briefly stamped out before his fall).

So far as I know nothing is said of Barbarus after the Emperor killed Mortarion's nemesis, who from the description sounds a whole lot like a Champion of Nurgle. Even its post-Heresy fate is unknown.

Nuceria's entire population was wiped out by the Word Eaters during the Heresy. I don't know if it was resettled and renamed after the Heresy, since it wasn't a Chaos-tainted planet.

#18 ·
Nuceria's entire population was wiped out by the Word Eaters during the Heresy. I don't know if it was resettled and renamed after the Heresy, since it wasn't a Chaos-tainted planet.
I guess this could depend on whether there was any leftover spill of taint from the birth pangs of Angron's transformation to Daemon Prince. Who knows if the place will ever get another mention though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.