Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on the FW website they have a model range for what appears to be Traitor Guard - so are their Traitor Guard rules in IA? I have also seen some instances where the regular IG codex is used.

I have been interested in starting a Traitor Guard army, and was wondering, which one is more acceptable?

·
4,491 Posts
Ive been interested in playing a traitor guard army too, just using the standard IG 'dex.

I didnt realize there were actual traitor guard models though...

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
In the forgeworld imperial armor books there are armylists for thraitor guard as found on Vraks. I have volumes 5 and 6.
Vol 5 has a list for a straight renegades army with the option of some alpha legion support.
Vol 6 has a more khornate list with the option of a khornate champ, bezerkers and others.
Vol 7(i have not seen it) has rules for Chaos Lord Zufor and i think a nurgley list.
I have a couple of the models too and they are impressive although costly.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most tournaments will not allow a Imperial Armor list, unless its specified.

To be safe I´d go with the Guard codex, just modeling it to be traitors

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
you can use the models in tournys, but not the rules, as for some reason tournys wont reconise IA rules (which peole think are over powered and under priced, but its the other way round). But untill GW release there own renegade list you have to use the IG codex for tournys and in most GW shops(even though most GW's have the books on the shelves)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
GWs stock IA?! Never seen it.

Perhaps FW will make a pdf of the Traitor Guard rules like the recent download for DKoK. I would be all for making them tourney legal if they had a more accessible list.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guard 'dex it is then. Just make 'em all Chaos-y. Sounds good to me.

I would certainly hope they made a Renegade Codex (beside the current 4th Ed one <_<), but that is a different story...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts