Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so! im in the middle of making a deathwatch squad to use as a sternguard squad in my quick growing sm force, and it occours to me to make each model scream of the chapter they are from (rather than the singe shoulder pad)

in a ten man squad, the chapters im including are: space wolf, blood angel, black templar, dark angel, salamander, white scar, imperial fist, crimson fist, iron hands and raven guard.

on to the question, other than converting armour, what would the trademark wepon of each chapter be? so far i have;

dark angel - combi plasma
black templar - combi flamer
salamander - combi flamer/melta
space wolf - combi-melta, axe instead of a combat knife)
blood angel - combi melta
white scar - storm bolter
imperial fist - heavy bolter
crimson fist - storm bolter
iron hands - bolter
raven guard - lightning claw

p.s. i was thinking making the raven guard marine the squad sergent so he could have a lightning claw and the crimson fist marine having a storm bolter

thanks for any help, and i'll fill in that list as we go :D

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
space wolf - Dunno, Combi Melta?
blood angel - Arm him with a knife and bolt pistol :laugh:
white scar - Bolter
imperial fist - Heavy Bolter
crimson fist - Storm Bolter
iron hands - Bolter
raven guard - Lightning Claw
Thats what I would use... I think...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks m8, i agree with most of those suggestions and will update it in a sec.

i rekon giving the ba a knife and bolt pistol would nerf him big time compared to the rest of the squad XD

would the white scar not fit a combi plasma well? most of the gw white scar models have plasma where poss(or so it seems)

thanks again man :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
space wolf - Power fist/ storm bolter one of the two...maybe both
blood angel - Something sharp...oh and nipple armour
white scar - Storm Bolter
iron hands - bolter
that's mine I really didn't know what to say for the blood angels

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Space wolves would be frost blades, but you can't give them that can you?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
id say...
space wolf - "missile launcher"
blood angel - "Melta gun or combi-melta"
white scar - "flamer or combi-flamer"
iron hands - bolter

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks for all the input guys, i'll give the blood angel a combi melta so he can still benifit from the special ammo gubbinz

do space wolves really have an affinaty for missile launchers?

EDIT: i like the sound of the white scar with the storm bolter, since you can fire it and assault, which leads to a 'faster' or more 'relentless' model, which suits the white scar

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
No, idk why he said it other than LF use them because they are 10 points, that's about it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Give him a PW that looks like an axe and a combi-melta or pistol.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i could give him an axe, just not a power weapon, sternguard vets are more focused around the shooty aspect, if i were building them as vanguard vets i could.

tho the comi melta sounds good.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i suggested missile launcher because of the long fangs, been better then regular devastators, plus it would add some flexibility to the sternguard squad.
Also you could say that the deathwatch space wolf was a long fang Sargent who has an affinity toword missile launchers or you could just give him a combi-weapon lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I wouldn't give Sternguard a ML seeing as they have bolters that are scarier than that

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Are you high? In what fucked up world are ML worse than HB?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to be fair i can see yanlou's point, tho i have been drinking heavily :D

gen.ahab/hippiepancake - i can have both in a single squad so its no worries :D

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Well this is total fluff and to me a HB is a lot fluffier than a ML so it doesn't matter. Really it would be cool if you made a kill team.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i would make a kill team, but i'd rather make a unit i could use in a generic game of 40k, to be honest.

EDIT: it being as fluffy for each chapter as poss, staying within the rules for a sternguard squad :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't think you should approach this as "I'm from the Imperial Fists, so I have my chapter's signature weapon with me". It's more of a "OK, one of us needs to take that missile launcher to take out that tank" and then seeing who steps forward to pick up the missile launcher. And to me, Imperial Fists seems like the best candidate. Few weapons are as siege-breaky as a Missile Launcher.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't think you should approach this as "I'm from the Imperial Fists, so I have my chapter's signature weapon with me". It's more of a "OK, one of us needs to take that missile launcher to take out that tank" and then seeing who steps forward to pick up the missile launcher. And to me, Imperial Fists seems like the best candidate. Few weapons are as siege-breaky as a Missile Launcher.
i know where your commin from, boz, but thats how a use my imperial guard. for my space amrines im going for as much fluff as the 'nilla sm codex will give. whice give me the 'this is what you have, deal with what you get delt with' feel i havent had before.

p.s. like i said before, i have been drinking alot, so sorry if nothing makes sense :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts