Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Ive been building my Tyranid army and when reading the codex I saw that you can give Toxin Sacs to pretty much every tyranid creature. At first I thought that would be great for termagaunts but when I read the rules for Toxin Sacs I started to wonder.

The rule says all cc atks become poisoned 4+. It does not mention ranged attacks at all. I have seen people play it as if they did but reading the rules I dont think they actually do. Like people giving the Tervigon Toxin sacs so the Termagaunts gets it as well, whats the point? You dont want to bring your ranged units into CC do you? or is it because of their short ranged weapons that they are likely to be attacked and poisoned attacks will help them kill a few more?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Its only in CC... but termagants are pretty rubbish at shooting, but throwing a whole bunch of them into combat with toxin sacs is great. 2 attacks each, hitting almost everything on a 4+, wounding everything on a 4+ (with a reroll for some) and a unit of 20 gaunts suddenly pumps out 10-15 wounds on the enemy. Sure that might only be 3 marines dead but if its a unit of 5 thats plenty... or it could be a guardsman unit (average 10 dead) or even something like a wraithlord (plain dead)- thats the biggest beauty of poison: it makes you very good against targets with T equal to your S, and utterly devastating to those things that rely on massively high T to survive (wraithlords and C'Tan in particular, but all MCs to an extent).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts