Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Champions and Spectators (can I call you all 'taters' for short?), here for your viewing and commenting pleasure are/will be proof of your Champions' might and prowess with the brush and knife!

Champions - Please to show your work here in various stages of completion so that the taters and yourselves can draw strength from one another's efforts.

Taters (silly spuds) - Please to show your support of your Champions! Cheer them on and be impressed and amazed at their skill and audacity in challenging Heretical Hespithe the Orange! They know not their fate! :laugh:

Please to be commencing the shenanigans on the 1st of March!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I guess I'll start off. For the first entry I'm keeping it simple. I got together a 16 strong unit of Orc Arrer Boyz. So far I have the skin done and some of the armor started. Here's a pic of them currently.

You'll have to excuse the bad pics, I was in a hurry and they are WIP. I get better pics when they're worth the effort. More to come.....

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Da Orkses are in da HOUSE! Awesome!

Watch this space for a few snapshots of my Tomb Kings in all their nude glory!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Quality, the mutual painting begins, *cues commentary voice* "And the orks blast out of the gate fast, with an explosive break..."

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomorrow you'll see pics of the TWO armies I'm planning on entering into this comp, lol.

I'll not let either army sit idly by while the other gets all the love and affection. I love all my little plastic buddies.

So, on the morrow, pics of my unassembled (mostly) Tomb Kings, and my newly acquired and assembled (mostly, lol) Chaos Dwarfs.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Chosen Stunties, please let me know... I'm so outta my league, here!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup... I like just about everything about it... but the colors, lol. I do NOT want to do another red/black army like the 2500pt one I just painted and traded off.

Any ideas? I need to figure this out if I'm gonna enter them in the event.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well, I don't really hold with the 'must paint this this colour' school, so i'd go with anything you fancy.

A nice dark angels green and red perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh Tay! :mrgreen:

Here are pics of my two armies 'mostly' assembled. There are many conversions in the armies, and while many were done by myself, the Chosen Stunties were done by my bud. I still have not chosen which models will become my first submission into this event, so no individual pics. Cheers all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Free to good home.... 300 house-trained lizards...

This is a 2250pt Lizarmen army based around fire and magic. Two large blocks of Quetzl Saurus, a few Salamanders, and a few Skink units join a Slaan, his Temple Guard, and a couple of Priests to lay down a ton of short range fire backed up by what could be the most devastating magic phase potential in the game. The army has already laid waste to Chaos Dwarfs, Beasts of Chaos, Empire, and Vampire Counts.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm recycling an old pic in anticipation of my battalion arriving. I hope this doesn't intrude.

This is how my noble currently looks. I'll get working on him tonight and show you the results soon.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sweet! I'll add you and your little Mr. Noble to the list of Champions in this here tourney!

On my own front, I have primed one unit of 25 Chosen (255pts) and a unit of Light Horse Archers and a Character (235pts)... I'm toying with the idea of using the NMM technique on the Chosen Stunties... Purple/Grey cloth, NMM Bronze (with patina?) armor and weapons... Does this seem as if they're dedicated to Tzeentch or Slaanesh? Should they be?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The barrel hesp, looking at the pic it has a massive gap that needs filling with greenstuff ;)

Nothing against you using it at all, its an awesome model!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL... I just got the model in a trade on Saturday... don't expect it to be fully modeled any time soon, lol.

I also need to scratch build two bolt throwers for the army.... Did ya notice the two empty bases as well, and the incorrect number of crewmen for the machines?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've decided that I will NOT be dipping my Tomb Kings.... I just did the tried and true method of assemble/clean/prime/wash/layer and the Skellie Horses look pretty good for dead equine. I still have a highlight layer to add, but for just a few minutes work all told, they look damn good. No need for dipping here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts