1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Not feeling the love for these guys sorry, the black just does not look black enough for my taste, I'd prefare a crisper cleaner look. Very well painted but not for me

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
This is, I think, a very technically proficient army. I like it, but it's true that (at least in photos) I needed to be told what I was looking at to appreciate it. Once I know that I'm not looking at grey marines but reflective black marines - I think it's stellar.

Interesting affect with the reflective black alongside battlewear on the knights, those two effects I would not have expected to see mixed! They do look very sinister though, which is appropriate for an army who believe "the flesh is weak".

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ I applaud your attempt but I don't buy it. Pretty sure thunder hammers are good to go without being swung backward, y'think they become AP1 with the chisel side as you call it? :laugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ I applaud your attempt but I don't buy it. Pretty sure thunder hammers are good to go without being swung backward, y'think they become AP1 with the chisel side as you call it? :laugh:
Blatantly admit it should have been the other way.;)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ haha see? Not afraid to admit when they've done something hilarious. As always stellar paint jobs I just thought that was too good not to point out :grin:

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Honestly I love it and just wish that I could make my own Iron Hands this good, maybe just send them to you for a commision haha.

I really like it, ive found with my own Iron Hands that painting black can be rather hard, so I always love seeing any variations people do for their black, yeah it does look overly grey in parts but thats why I like it, helps to break up the black a little.

My only problem is smash fucker, i despise that model as a concept and think its unfluffy and stupid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts