Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

As I already published on another topic for army list we're having a tournament on our local store next Saturday.

I currently have eldar and CSM, and probably will go with CSM, but still I'm trying to develop a competitive list.

So:
HQ
spiritseer - 70pts
Wraithknight - suncannon, shield and 1 laser - 300pts

Troops
5 DA (exarch with shield and PW) in serpent with TL laser, shuriken cannon, holo fields and spirit stones - 250pts
5 DA (exarch with shield and PW) in serpent with TL laser, shuriken cannon, holo fields and spirit stones - 250pts
5 Wraithguard with scytes in WS with TL shuriken cannons and shuriken cannon - 360pts

and with this the total is 1230pts...

but I feel lack of models... only 17... and no room for fast attack (I have spiders) and dragons.
I also fell that the objective that normally is on our deployment zone won's be covered. I though on putting rangers...

and what about anti-aircrafts? aegis? crimson hunter...

I'm a bit lost here so i will appreciate any help

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Before I start, I know that each area has their own meta. When i talk about the "current meta" I am talking about the GT meta.

Eldar are an elite army, we will usually be at a model disadvantage.

As for anti air, Wave Serpents are the best anti-air we have in the dex, they can take care of av10-11 easily, and with 2 you can deal with Av12.

There is no point to having a wraithknight as your HQ, it is a gimmick unless you are trying to field 4, which is a bad idea anyways. There are also missions where heavy support is scoring, and its nice to have a scoring wraithknight.

If you are trying to be competitive, I can tell you right now that buying Exarchs for anything besides Dark Reapers is a huge waste of points in the current meta.

Warp spiders are in my opinion, the best thing in our codex. They are the fastest thing in the game and each is armed with what is basically a rending autocannon.

I would run your Waveserpent squads as 5 base Dire Avengers in a Wave serpent with holofields, a shuriken cannon, and a scatter laser.

Wraithguard with a spirit seer is ok if you really like the models, cheap HQ choice and decent scoring.

Your wraithguard WS should have a scatter laser shuriken cannon and ghostshield, this is just standard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tested my spiders on the field

So i don't know how they behave. As for DA the exarch was for the challenges...

How about rangers? Aren't they ok?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rangers are decent at holding objectives, but we have a much better tool at our disposal.

Squads of 3 windrider jetbikes are omnipresent at tournaments. They are great at objective capture, and last turn denial. Every Eldar list has at least 2.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There is no point to having a wraithknight as your HQ, it is a gimmick unless you are trying to field 4, which is a bad idea anyways. There are also missions where heavy support is scoring, and its nice to have a scoring wraithknight.
A Wraithknight as warlord still count as a heavy support which means he can still score in BGNT. There warlord not HQ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have a long way to go on eldar

My experience is with chaos, but eldar will come in their time.

I will reflect on some advises and make a list for experimenting and get used to them.

As for psy powers what do you recommend? I'm not used to them...

I have a farseer, 3 warlocks and the spiritseer

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I usually run some kind of Deathstar, so I always pray for fortune.

But since most of the stuff in your list won't benefit from guide/fortune and the only really good Eldar power besides those is Doom, I suggest going with Telepathy (divination doesn't help you all that much either)

With the spiritseer you are probably just going to want runes of battle, Warlocks have to have runes of battle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts