Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Only just found this this morning, this weekend ending tonight (7th April), www.totalwargamer.co.uk are having a 30% off all GW products.

Obviously this is only UK, but if anyone here is making a order for stuff, thought i'd let everyone know they are doing this good sale (This even includes the new Tau stuff!!!)

Hope this helps someone :)

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
This isn't exactly news as they have 30% off every weekend, or at least they have had so every weeked for the last few months if I'm not mistaken. I get their newsletter an once a week I get one about a 30% off sale.

I've never used totalwargamer so can't really comment on how good/bad they are.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay, it just said this one was ending sunday night. If they do it every weekend then I take it back.

Still, helps a bit to get some goods for a bit cheaper :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
@ Madcow. I ordered Vilitch from them last sunday, they took the money from my account on Monday, and they still havnae dispatched my order, yet when you read the "testimonials on their site, everyone else seems to be getting orders within 3 days. This is the second time my order has taken ages, 1st was over xmas, so I thought aye, its abusy time of year, its expected. They say 5-10 days delivery, but you would think if they gonna take my cash, they would at least have the decency to dispatch it earlier.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
I dont want to turn this thread into a good/bad seller thread but: Click Me

It seems allot of people are having trouble with them. I'm guessing they have fallen into the same pit that Maelstrom did, having to get new orders to pay for outstanding ones.
Might be the next webshop to go under? Then again I'm only guessing, after doing the search I'm not so keen on trying them out.

Also I never take onsite testimonials seriously, the only ones I trust are the ones on ebay as they show all and not just a select few. Look at any diet pill, penis enlargement, bigger breasts, super workout site and they are all full of "testimonials" from hundreds of satisfied customers who swear by god that it works...

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Cheers madcow, that made for interesting reading. I wont use them again. Do you know any companies with good delivery times?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Since Maelstrom went under (and scammed me out of £105) I've only used Wayland Games.
Ordered 2 GF9 Greenstuff packages 3 weeks ago, got a mail this week that it had been posted. Made an order for a Riptide and that Tau flier, got email yesterday saying it had been shipped.

I'm not sure who to trust anymore, the whole Maelstrom thing has put a big dent in my trust in companies. I now days always have a 2 pointchecklist for ordering;
Do they offer Paypal? If not then they can't be trusted with anything but a credit card as those are covered by the credit card company, newer buy with a debit or electron card as the protection for these is very lacking.

Has the item arrived within 30 days? If not email the company and demand a refund, do NOT accept that they resend the item as that could just be a stalling tactic so it goes over the 45 day limit Paypal has on disputing a payment. Get your money back and place a new order with the same or another company.

I dont really care about the time it takes for an item to arrive as it will just end up on my shelf for a few months/years before I have time to deal with it. If I open a box and build it each day it will still take me over a year to build everything I have.

Moving thread to General as it's not really news or rumours anymore.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just for a counter perspective. I placed an order a few weeks ago and 90% of it arrived a week later... Just waiting on an ork bommer.

The discount weekends seem to have been a few in the last month but not for a while before that.

I only mention this because I did research them before my first order [after nearly getting caught in the Maelstrom debacle] and the complaints I saw were all in line with what you see about any toy soldier seller I've ever encountered. [Just in time ordering means you often have to wait, and very few retailers in this sector are any good at managing expectations.]

I've got £100 of the new Tau on order with them atm since I was pretty pleased with my first experience. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
They do indeed have 30% sales a lot and yes it's to keep turning stock over but they're normally pretty quick with sending stuff out. The exceptions are when stock orders don't come through or when they already have a backlog of orders on certain products - same as every discount online store really. They're certainly not going the way of maelstrom and yes I have insider info ;) It is technically my local even if I do live 1000 miles away :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nope, I have the artistic ability of a mashed potato :p

Just a long standing nickname that became my internet ID way back in the day of 56k modems o_O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts