Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

461 - 480 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Ummm, well, it's kind of essential. If you could post a short version............like he runs here and gives orders, then you lay out what your troops will do in the military section. Will that work??

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Whilst Imperials and most Necrons can't, Shadow can. He's not a normal Necron; he still retains his personality and individuality, almost completely. The only thing that's gone is emotional weaknesses like compassion or mercy. He, unlike other Necron Lords who will simply kill everything, knows how to get power.

And if this was an official fluff GW-alliance, it'd be the most powerful army in the game. Codex: Necrorks. :biggrin:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
OMG A GIANT ROBOT THING WITH A GAZILION GUNS AND FLOATS THROUGH THE AIR WITH AN OMNIUS GREEN GLOW AND SHOUTS WAAAAAAAAGH ALL THE TIME.

General reaction to a necrorc stompa wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is getting absurd. I hope EH comes back soon and realizes whats going on.

Because if this is allowed, I'm giving my hive tyrant telepathy that allows him to communicate with others, and read minds. Why don't I give him the ability to operate heavy weaponry while i'm at it? I'm pretty sure that the tau that are getting munched on wouldn't mind if i borrowed some of their uber-sized guns.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

Because if this is allowed, I'm giving my hive tyrant telepathy that allows him to communicate with others, and read minds. Why don't I give him the ability to operate heavy weaponry while i'm at it? I'm pretty sure that the tau that are getting munched on wouldn't mind if i borrowed some of their uber-sized guns.
Am I allowed to ally with your tyranids then? :p.

Bane of Kings Out.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Surely you must see that my comment on the Monolork was meant in jest? If not, well, now you know. :laugh:

Whilst my proffered alliance to the Orks by Shadow is entirely fluffy (Shadow being entirely my creation, with a considerable input from Serp) the idea that any old Hive Tyrant can just read every mind in the system is...well... not so fluffy. And operating heavy weapons... you already have those. Good luck trying to understand how to use Tau Railguns. If Tyranids could, then GW would have published fluff in which they do so. I'm sure it'd be something they couldn't resist. However, the idea is so preposterous that they haven't, and so, in short, you can't.

Whilst you probably meant what you said in jest also (which makes me look a tad silly right now) there is the slight possibility that you were sincere in your post; in which case, I have presented a counter-argument. If not, of course, just laugh and move away from the deranged madman (me).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well this specific hive tyrant is entirely MY own creation. Who is to say he is your average hive tyrant? All I would need to do is say he's consumed tau commander's in the past, incorporated their memory of their weaponry, and wallah. I have my excuse and now I'm a twenty-ton unholy force of Pauk You.

I can play the "well he is my creation" card just as well as you can. It looks absurd from your end too, judging by your initial reaction. Which is good, seeing as my intent was to show where this is going to go. I've yet to see GW publish anywhere in Necron fluff that any necron has ever retained his old personality. Therefore your fluff-argument goes both ways.

Furthermore, in the oldest tyranid codex, tyranids were allowed to use laser rifles. No, not a tyranid equivelant, actual laser rifles. Imperium-style. So while out-of-date, tyranids have in the past canonically used weapons from other races, making my statement more fluff-supported then yours.

And Bane, I'm not sure who you are in this Rp. But if Orks and Necrons are allowed to ally, i don't see why we cant.

Edit: Also Farseer, I hope you know this is not personal. I just don't think that necrons should be allowed to ally anyone but other necrons, same for tyranids. We should show at least some respect for each races fluff.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Pfft, I can see why tyrannids can't ally. Tyranids although many people dislike this are not individuals, a synapsis creature is required for them to work and a synapsis creature is an agent of the hive mind, the tyrannies don't give about tactics or anything like that. As soon as the negotiators step down all they will hear is NOM NOM NOM.

A similar argument with the necrons also exist in the way that they are not likely to see the benefits of diplomacy. And therefore I am declining darvaleths offer because I think that all he will do is turn round and stab me in the back once you humans are out of the way.

Greenskins however, we is sly an kunnin, we're not as blind in faith as space marines or obsessed with NOM NOM NOMING people just so long as we are fighting someone we are happy even if there's non greenskins with us. We are probably the most likely to ally with anyone except the tau.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
Yes, well warsmith, you'll get plenty of killy time, have no fear.

Ok, next update is up guys, get to work, muhahahahaha:laugh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Greenskins however, we is sly an kunnin, we're not as blind in faith as space marines or obsessed with NOM NOM NOMING people just so long as we are fighting someone we are happy even if there's non greenskins with us. We are probably the most likely to ally with anyone except the tau.
So, you're smarter then us because instead of looking for a fight in attempt to grow stronger or serve your god, you look for a fight in attempt to find a fight? That's some really good Ork logic.

And as for your outlook on alliances that's not necessarily true. You would want to fight the biggest threat, because it would be the most "fun."

...except the tau. Too range-oriented to be fun.

Edit: Just so there is no confusion, currently my hive tyrant is the forgeworld design, not the GW design. The only difference is he still has GW's horn on his forehead. (but its tilting forward slightly.)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Well this specific hive tyrant is entirely MY own creation. Who is to say he is your average hive tyrant?
Ha ha! Well there you go. That's perfectly fine, and I really should've seen it coming (or maybe i did and did nothing about it... typical Eldar Farseers...)

And if they did use laser rifles, well, by all means, I'm very scared now. :laugh:

Oh, and the Orks... yeah, you guessed it. If you've ever seen Shadow in his last RP (and in the one coming soon...) you'd know that the alliance he offered is entirely non-genuine. Of course he'd backstab you. :biggrin:

And Kalawaki, of course, no personal offence taken or meant. :thank_you:

EDIT: Woah! Chaos is attacking me now as well? Hot damn...

But how have my monoliths been damaged if they aren't fighting... they're deep inside the hull. And, if my maths are correct, 700 minus 134 does not equal 198 infantry.... I leave my running total of my forces just so this doesn't happen. By all means inflict heavy casualties, just don't warp some of my men into nowhere.

Finally, but less significantly, I'm sure in my post all my warriors phased out and withdrew, so as not to compromise the diplomacy... yet in my update, there are "Necrons and Krork dying all around me".

I don't mind being hit hard, don't mind being hit on two fronts, but I do mind my posts (and warriors!) being sucked into the void. :)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Well this specific hive tyrant is entirely MY own creation. Who is to say he is your average hive tyrant? All I would need to do is say he's consumed tau commander's in the past, incorporated their memory of their weaponry, and wallah. I have my excuse and now I'm a twenty-ton unholy force of Pauk You.

I can play the "well he is my creation" card just as well as you can. It looks absurd from your end too, judging by your initial reaction. Which is good, seeing as my intent was to show where this is going to go. I've yet to see GW publish anywhere in Necron fluff that any necron has ever retained his old personality. Therefore your fluff-argument goes both ways.

Furthermore, in the oldest tyranid codex, tyranids were allowed to use laser rifles. No, not a tyranid equivelant, actual laser rifles. Imperium-style. So while out-of-date, tyranids have in the past canonically used weapons from other races, making my statement more fluff-supported then yours.

And Bane, I'm not sure who you are in this Rp. But if Orks and Necrons are allowed to ally, i don't see why we cant.

Edit: Also Farseer, I hope you know this is not personal. I just don't think that necrons should be allowed to ally anyone but other necrons, same for tyranids. We should show at least some respect for each races fluff.
I'm space marines, so yeah. I'll ally with you if we get the tau big guns :).

·
Registered
53 Posts
@ Farseer Darvaleth
The update confused me too. When i was preparing to attack the Eldar forces on Yuli Prime they had 230 eldar warriors and 1 vehicle. I'm not sure where half of that went, seeing as they did nothing until i attacked.

Maybe they committed sepuku when they saw a buttload of mycetic spores raining down from orbit for all I know.

Edit: Chaos attacking you too now? Damn. EH wasn't kidding when he said he was going to give you hell for letting you keep your teleportation abilities.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
Actually Kalawaki, they were engaged with Lictors and Genestealers from G0arr's forces that he had sent out in the begining of the game. You kinda caught them with their pants down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hahaha, did I now? That makes things easier for me.
I can't possibly imagine what they must have thought as i attacked....

"Phew, finally killed the last of th--" *Raveners burst out of the ground, air is swarmed by gargoyles, ground is swarmed by gaunts and stealers.*
"FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

461 - 480 of 512 Posts