Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

361 - 380 of 512 Posts

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
i agree with farseer in this one EH. he should be able to teleport if he wants to because to be completely honest a necron lord has that ability and would realistically use it if he was going to be ass-raped by an angry chaplain and a pissed off company captain, i dont blame him for teleporting :p while i do feel as though the Cairn ship is a bit unfair in its size and magnitude of power and whatnot, as long as it is not abused i dont mind farseer using it, go ahead.

as for the ship hitting the surface, using one ship to kamikaze another is amazing and ingenious and i applaud you for it because right now we are somewhat fucked to say the least when that thing hits the planet. BUT what i dont agree with is the targeting and having it hit the exact area where we are, go ahead and blow the shit out of my ship and have it hit the planet but to be honest (and physics dictates this) when that thing breaks up it is so far away from the small part of the planet we are on realistically speaking only about 10% of it will actually screw the imperial forces in the arse.

i know of a few books that talk about ships falling to the planet and killing large amounts of enemy units blah blah blah but either those ships had to be practically within the atmosphere or they were absolutely massive constructs, both of those situations i am not in. yes we are commencing an orbital bombardment but that does not have to be done with the ship in the planet's atmosphere, and if im wrong and it does then yes we are screwed.

i have no problem with shadow running with his tail between his...erm....yeah, or the kamikaze ship plan, but i just feel like it is a little overpowered that somehow i have five ships and NONE of them were able to pick up this missile of death. if you werent hitting my capitol ship i would brush it off and say whatever but hitting the Dark Wyrm is kind of pushing it. nonethless it is happening and im willing to go with it because if you can do that then i could theoretically teleport my own men back onto my other ships and assault the cairn if i absolutely wanted to seeing as how we are experts at ship to ship combat.

but im not going to do that because we are marines and we fight to the death. EH you do not need to make farseer change his post because my forces are the ones who are going to get nerfed the most. in fact i ask that you allow it to happen and let me come back as my own Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company so i can level the playing field with these necrons and take them on toe to toe.

EDIT: Let a TRUE warrior of chaos show you fools how it is done

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #362 (Edited)
New Law

"EH you do not need to make farseer change his post because my forces are the ones who are going to get nerfed the most. in fact i ask that you allow it to happen and let me come back as my own Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company so i can level the playing field with these necrons and take them on toe to toe."

Apostle, I want you to realise that once your gone, thats it, end of story. I can have reinforcements from the 8th company show up, but I cannot have you "die and come back as......". If I did that then everyone would want to and the story would go nowwhere.

therefore, after much contemplating; I have decided the following. On Apostles advice i shall allow the teleportation this once. so Farseer and Serpion5, please ignore the earlier mentioned judgements. After this, however, you cannot just keep teleporting back and forth. thats that, and there shall be no more discussion on it!!

As for the ships Apostle, I don't remember where I said you couldn't do that. In fact i want someone to do it, just so i can write some epic piece about the massive destruction that would follow. in fact, i have the perfect clip for it to post in the thread. My quam is with the superweapons however.

you guys are destroying each other so fast my storyline will never finish. already the Dark Eldar and Chaos factions have been eliminated(at least one chaos faction). Plus it ruins the idea of epic, large scale battles with heroes fighting each other to the death.

I shall let you guys run amoke for the moment, but soon I shall reel it in.:wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
By all means, reel it in, I can't wait to nom on some people.

Preferribly some edible ones.

On another note, I would like to say that in the 40k game, if the necrons suffer 75% casualties they will be forced to "Phase Out."

So really I think it kind of makes sense. But thats just my opinion.

I really dont care as long as i get to eat stuff.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
i would just like to point out that you did let the chaos player who got wiped come back as orks. just sayin

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Yes, but only as part of a deal he made, i need the Orks for the storyline. However, he and others have either lost interest or are not keeping up. therefore he will loose his army just as Xianren will if he doesn't answer.

As for the Phase out, if his army was loosing then it would be ok. however, both players have phased in and out whenever they like it, making it tough, if not impossible for the other Armies to fight them. I'm just trying to even the playing field here

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alright, that sounds fair. I would likely be annoyed if my target kept poofing away and back whenever they pleased.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Of course, I fully expected the power of the kamikaze-ship to go epicly wrong. I just wanted to see something explode. :laugh: On a more serious note, if everyone had gone "wow, damn, oh well, we're dead," I would have myself nerfed the kamikaze-ship. It can't be a game-winning card or everyone'd do it.

It has nothing on the ship. The directions from the Cairn could be interrupted (or worse, intercepted) the ship could hit another ship on its way there, it could even (this was my plan) come underneath the big ship to hit it, right into an orbital bombardment! This way you have *some* falling debris, and no harm done to your ship.

If this sounds like a fair solution, then I expect it will appear in my next update. :) And thanks for the support there, Apostle. (I guess the Necrons owe you one!)

And thank you, EH, for being so patient and understanding throughout this whole affair. I'm glad we came this compromise (well, I win mostly!) without any fallings-out.

In my next post, (unless EH does so faster in the update) I will post a fit and dramatic failure of the Night ship.

(Oh, and Vilhelm, the reason I don't abuse the Cairn is cause I'm too frickin' wimpy. :laugh: )

·
Registered
434 Posts
Post is up, its a little rushed so Serp I hope I didn't get carried away.
I assume that a Necron Lord will be able to shrug it off easily enough :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #369 (Edited)
No, thats alright Farseer. Besides, its the job of the GM to work with his players, not bitch at them.:biggrin:

I'm working around, and it actually works perfectly to introduce some missing reinforcements, and bring Kalawaki into this fight. Muauahahahahahahahahahaha, your really gona hate me for this,eheheheheh:gamer2:

Kalawaki, i'll have your post up by tonight, if not this morning.:so_happy:

I'm putting the next post up by tonight, SO IF YOU HAVE NOT POSTED, then you need to post!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Is it allowed to sell yourself as a mercinary force? Not saying I want to but I was just wandering.
*Shadow points at the Imperials*

Shadow: Get them.

Orks: Nom-nom yeee-haaww!! Waaaaaghh!!!

....erm, nothing. Pretend you never heard. :biggrin: (Only joking...really...)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweet! Today just happens to be my birthday. Strange that I get written in on it, isn't it? XD
I'm not complaining though. =3

I wonder who i'll be fighting first...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i'm hoping 'Mother' dosn't tell me to go to Yuli-459. Too many un-edible people there!

On another note, I wonder what my commander will be. I would assume a hive tyrant, and if so i wonder what his weapons/biomorph's would be....or would those be my choice? o_O

Also, Bane. The swarm will nibble your Imperium's forces to death! 83

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Kalawaki, Happy Birthday!! How old are you?

Bane, I found it musing over in my mind if shadow pointed to some dummies, only to have Vorax come up behind him in a massive figure movie scene. Hahahahah:grin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks EH! I'm officially nineteen. ^.^

And thats a great idea Bane. If I go there my swarm will be exposed to a harsh environment, and will evolve do be able to withstand even tougher things. Maybe the magma will give me a high resistance to heat-based weapons too! (plasma, lasers, etc.) I'll definatly consider going there. ;P

In any case, I can't wait to start nomming on things. I already have plenty of ideas and battle strategies formulating. *Taps fingers together as he mutters "Excellent" repeaditly to himself.*

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
To repeat myself,

Is it allowed to sell yourself as a mercinary force? Not saying I want to but I was just wandering.
To repeat myself: :laugh:

*Shadow points at the Imperials*

Shadow: Get them.

Orks: Nom-nom yeee-haaww!! Waaaaaghh!!!

EDIT: Space Marine: *points away from Imperials, towards a Deathstrike-missile manufacturing plant*

Shadow: *nods to the Orks, who go mad and start launching every missile in the place back at the Imperials*
Silly Space Marines. xD

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
I could make this go on for a while but I believe that is known as "spamming" so I shall refrain.

If I am allowed to be used as a mercenary force, anyone interested drop me a pm and we will work on conditions.

361 - 380 of 512 Posts