Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

341 - 360 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Kalawaki, I can let you play the "Nid's," however, you will be working together with G0arr, you will not be your own army. I cannot have two large Tyranid armies runnign around, it unbalances the scale ridiculously.

Basically, if you want to play you'll have a small force under your command, but you will be under the same Hive mind as G0arr and therefore subject to "Mother's" wish's. your choice.

Yes, I'm sorry Apostle, i did this while half alseep last night when my Internet finally cam back. i shall fix that tonight and remove bolter and sword with lightning claw and flamer. Don'r feel like your bitching, it good you point out things like that, that way I can fix them in time:grin:

Yes, Warsmith7752, the Orks are hungry, hungry for a WWWWAAAAAGGGHHHHH

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Erm Apostle, I'm told I can do one major blow to you, but not fatal.

I don't know if that means limb-loss or just a little tap on the head, but I'm gonna ask you before I go lopping your head off; what do you mind happening to Varian? Non-critical limb-loss (like, a hand or something) or just, I dunno, a foot? I'll leave it up to you, don't want to do anything horrid to somebody's character after they spent so much time thinking them up.

As for Shadow, go mad, he can just be repaired. Not too crazy mind (whilst he can be repaired, a few scattered ashes and the odd lump of molten metal will be hard to put back together!) but I don't mind losing an arm or something. :laugh:

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
hmmmm i would assume a heavy blow would mean something to the effect of, "Swipes at chest, claws gouge deep, heavy wound that hurts like a motherfucker and makes it hard for him to concentrate." something like that lol loss of limb no thank you, at least not at the moment, dont forget you also have the chaplain bearing down upon you so you can attack him also, BUT that leaves your arse open to attack by me :grin: tell you the truth, i dont mind my force dying, this would allow me come back as a chaos player (which is what i really want) BUT i will fight to the death lol

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Ok, when I say a major wound, Non-Fatal means like the following............

Ex1.: Varian twisted inside the Necrons guard and stabs out, smiling as his claws impale the Necrons left arm rendering it usless.

or

Ex2.: Kruet makes a thrust but extends to far, and Sorrow swipes at his vunerable back, leaving a gashing wound from which blood starts to pour.

Something like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome, sounds good. Just a couple questions.

So do I take orders from G0arr, or can i act independantly from him but still take orders from Mother?
How large is a "small force?" I completely understand that for balancing reasons you dont want two entire hivefleets on the same team. (though hive fleets have been known to devour each other to widdle out the weak, and the victor becomes one large hive fleet. >.>)

Other then that, just let me know when I can post. :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
In my update it speaks about some guy called Varain (assuming he's yours, Apostle) but nobody else... :(

EDIT: I'll assume there is a chaplain there seeing as somebody sent him. Is he also yours, Apostle? Sorry for my laziness, I have had over 19 2-and a half-hour examinations in under a week...

EDIT 2: I just had a nasty idea. He he he... another orbital bombardment, you say Apostle? Well...well...well...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Yes Farseer, Apostle has his main character Varian attacking from the front while he has a chaplian attacking from the rear. You are also surrounded by terminators who are engaging your Necron honor guard. Y

Also, might I remind you you have used your phase shifter once, and you cannot use it repeatedly, so be careful in how you apply it.

19 hor exams, whats the topic for, if you don't mind my asking???

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Every topic. Unless otherwise stated, each consists of just one exam: (minimum 2 hours):

Maths (2 exams), Additional-Maths (possibly the hardest thing in the world), Statistics, History, Music, Triple-Award Sciences (6 exams there!) English Language, English Literature (two exams) French Reading & Writing, French Continuous Writing, French Listening, French Speaking, Latin Language (2 exams) Latin Sources & Inscriptions, and Latin Literature.

Yeah... fun. :p

Oh, and my Phase Shifter; when did I use it last? I don't believe I did, and it isn't something which "runs out", it is a constant field, gaming terms a 4+ invulnerable save. I guess in RP-terms I can boost it so I Phase Shift completely for a while (of course I can't spam that!) but I don't think I've used it once so far. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lol not 19-hour exams, I wish! 19 exams, minimum 2 hours each, mostly 2 and a half hours each. But for History alone, I wrote over 19 straight sides of A4... *cradles dying hand*

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome, sounds good. Just a couple questions.

So do I take orders from G0arr, or can i act independantly from him but still take orders from Mother?
How large is a "small force?" I completely understand that for balancing reasons you dont want two entire hivefleets on the same team. (though hive fleets have been known to devour each other to widdle out the weak, and the victor becomes one large hive fleet. >.>)

Other then that, just let me know when I can post. :)
Just gonna leave this quote sitting here... '>.>

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
I thought I answered that, but let me waste my time doing it again.

No, your in command of your own force, but you answer to Mother, you request renforcements from Mother. If Mother tells you to go here, or go there you have the decison to do it.

Thats what i meant.

HEY GUYS, I POSTED THE NEXT UPDATE!!!! Please finish your stories and post them in the action thread by Sunday night, Monday if your busy

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
EH, I still have 50 Pariahs and 50 Immortals in my Cairn ship, yet my updates consistently tell me I have only 100 Scarabs up there. I shall assume that it's just an honest mistake, seeing as they were never deployed so can't have died. :biggrin:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Plan to bring a ruined ship down on us, eh?

I have no troop's left anyway, not much of a loose. Then again the Nova Cannon is staring down Tallision's Hope to start with and if Apostle's fleet is close enough to be bombarding that location below then they are close enough to my own fleet to be shot at. Meaning we can always erase (Literally) whatever is fallling from the skies, guess its just a shame about the ship.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Like to point out I also have 400 guardians in space that me and EH have worked out were there as I haven't really lost that many troops. Well we worked it out a week ago, so I assume it hasn't changed.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Samu3, don't give up man, you never know if you might win this fight.

Yes, I'll have your tyranids in next post

Farseer, I didn't realise that, thought you had deployed everything to the surface. I fix that

And Rambo, yes, I did make that mistake, though I thought I shifted your forces for you. I'll fix that

·
Registered
434 Posts
2. Be fair, no mega weapons, no “Ganging Up” so to speak. Let’s do this like men
Hate to point it out, but I forgot this. I can agree that bringing the ship down on top us is at least creative, but if I could have had huge uber death missile's then I would have used them a long time ago.

Edit## Post will be up tomorrow

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Yes, i'm working in progress to prevent that, your all starting to run amoke. You can have those things, but you can only use them when I give the ok, otherwise this shall all end way to quickly.

Ok, Necron players, I have made a decision here. you cannot leave in the middle of a hero fight. the only way to leave is either your really badly damaged and cannot continue, or you crush your opponent and carry on. you cannot run away and constantly teleport between your ships and whatnot(even your advanced technology cannot do that. look at the eldar)

Therefore, i ask Serpion5, and Farseer Darvelath to please alter your post so as your still on the planet. if you still want o bombard or move troops down, then fine. but you cannot all just teelport back and forth when you please. Otherwise this will get too out of hand.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I will accept that the ship-destruction was perhaps far-fectched. Original, but very powerful, and I fully expected its power to be heavily diluted before impact. If you don't want it at all, then fine... I'm sure heavy orbital bombardment of my forces will also cease if we follow this same trend. EDIT: No, this point is silly and spiteful. Orbital bombardment can of course continue, but I'm just trying to say: why are the Necrons being so heavily limited in what they can do?

even your advanced technology cannot do that. look at the eldar)
Wh-what? :shok: Perhaps I misunderstood, but are you saying that the Eldar have superior technology to the Necrons? *calls Serp for expert opinion*

The Necrons were the galactic overlords when the Eldar was a mewling race. The entire fear of death that has been introduced into every single race's psych is because of the Nightbringer. There was no "grim reaper" before him, he was the reaper. There was no fear of death before him.

The Necron technology is so vastly superior that it isn't true. If we cannot have this one advantage (what with the Necron's infamous resilience seemingly discounted and the super-Immortals just regarded as "infantry", thrown into the collective noun that also includes Imperial Guard... when IG are as tough as Necrons, the Emperor will win) , then we have nothing. We are just numbers, to run forward, die in the most boring way possible, and move on.

I will remove the ship-kamikaze if I you wish, and without hesitation. But the fact that the Necrons cannot have their teleporting advantage, and must just slog it out, under heavy orbital fire, assaulting a base defended by Imperial Guard and Astartes, with alliances with Eldar being formed against them; it's just wrong. It screams Black Templars to me, not Necrons. And for Shadow to just sit there dumbly swiping at two Space Marines, incredibly powerful foes, let alone two officers, and do nothing is just... ugh. If that is what Shadow must do to "fit in" with this RP, then I will have him escape at the earliest inconvenience to avoid becoming another autonomous and ultimately boring Necron leader.

And to be honest, I don't see the difference between Shadow and his forces teleporting to the planet to attack, and teleporting off in withdrawal. They're not just a bunch of numbers; they're not just "600 infantry, 100 scarabs, and 16 vehicles". If that is how roleplay is supposed to be, perhaps I have found the wrong hobby. Maybe I should stick to chess.

/rant.

341 - 360 of 512 Posts