Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

321 - 340 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hey Emperorsshand, just wondering, I've got a good idea for where the storyline could go, as I'm getting a bit bored RPying with my Vanquishers, and want a bit of a change, as I reckon this would keep me more entertained, and would also suit the storyline.

Say my Vanquishers lost the battle with the DE, lthe rest on Yuli 459 crushed by the Necrons, leaving the Black Dragons and the Voystrans alone. Until, that is, Army Group Dominatus storms along to save the day a Crusade Force compromising of elements from many different Chapters, lead by the White Scars 2nd.

That sound ok to you? I'm halfway through writing it up, by the way.

Bane of Kings Out.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Damn it Bane, you gave away part of my story!!!

Anyway, yes, something interesting along those lines is about to happen, and if some of you don't post tonight our first casualties will occur, and then things will become bigger. Besides, the fighting is getting epic, and you'll be interested, and some angry, at the results that occured.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
The update will be out tongiht, I apologise for it being late, but its been hell where I am.

Bane, its a yes and no, you'll get more men, but I'm not specifying who, when and/or what.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I so want to wreak havoc with my Necrons. And to beat back these silly Space Marines trying to kill Shadow. :p Bit I guess I should wait for the update before posting again (or it'll just become a post-race!).

And maybe the Outsider might actually HELP his minions. No? Without us, he wouldn't even be here. He wants blood and souls etc. but he's not actually getting any himself. Stupid C'tan. :grin:

Oh, and Serp, I do know that they're not after souls, but it serves as an easier, lazier analogy.

What are they even actually after? Surely not "death to all" like it says about all Necron stuff, when actually it's an annoyingly simplified version of their entire species. Is it just the "life-force" of stuff that the C'tan want? How do they consume it?

So many questions! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
And maybe the Outsider might actually HELP his minions. No? Without us, he wouldn't even be here. He wants blood and souls etc. but he's not actually getting any himself. Stupid C'tan. :grin:

Oh, and Serp, I do know that they're not after souls, but it serves as an easier, lazier analogy.
:threaten:

What are they even actually after? Surely not "death to all" like it says about all Necron stuff, when actually it's an annoyingly simplified version of their entire species. Is it just the "life-force" of stuff that the C'tan want? How do they consume it?

So many questions! :laugh:
Physical energy, especially that given off by life forms (because it apparently has flavour). They used to feed on stars, and still can but prefer to absorb the life from sentient beings.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Physical energy.... so whishy-washy.

Plus, just because the life force of creatures tastes better, why!? There's masses of energy in a sun (waaaay too much) and if these guys can defy the laws of physics, surely they can just make another sun whenever they wish? (Make loads of Hydrogen get really, really dense, then watch the magic)

I dunno about you, but if I had to choose between a crapload of pasta bolognese sauce and a couple of gourmet burgers (guarded by a horde of orks) I'd choose the pasta. :p

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
same here hahaha

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
same here hahaha
Oh no, you don't understand me. I would choose pasta bolognese even if it was guarded by Horus himself.

Don't laugh at my cravings. They're not at all funny, as one day you may be unfortunate enough to discover. :biggrin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Would it be too late for me to be able to join in on this? I've never seen an rp like this and it looks fun.

If I can join, The race I would want to be would be the tyranids. The only reason I'm saying that is because I noticed there is already a tyranid player in this rp.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
You'd have to wait for EH to come on and confirm which race you can choose. Although I'm sure it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Just stay away from the Necrons. :laugh:

Although you may have to wait a while; EH's internet seems to be down, as there was an update promised a earlier this week, but also warnings of internet-fails. And now, no update, so we better assume that his internet is down with the fever. :biggrin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hopefully I can be another hive fleet, i'm not very interested in being much else.

I almost -always- steer clear of the necrons. Bloody bastards just wont stay dead. >_>

Edit: Maybe i could play the role of this 'Swarmlord?' Just a possible idea.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Ok guys, sorry that took so long to push out, my Internet and lfie have kept me very busy lately.

So we have our first casualty, everyone give it up for Warsmith4772:victory:(clpa, clap, clap). Ok, so Warsmith, you can now play the orks, I shall work you in the next post.

Next, Xianren, you need to post, or next post your eldar shall be destroyed.

As for you Kalawaki you can join, i have the remaining factions still open. The two maybe's are dependant on if the other guys respond.

Sister's of Battle
Kroot
Imperial guard(maybe)
Inquisition(maybe)

Ok, lastely, whoever it was that wanted to play the Grey Knights, can you please repost your army lists and I'll work you in in a seperate post.

Ok, keep the war going, hopefully no more delays will happen. thanks for bearing with me dudes.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
EH please read what my captain is equipped with. nowhere did i state that he had a bolter or a sword for that matter. he has a set of ancient lightning claws on each hand, yes they are force weapons, but no they are not anywhere near a sword. they also have heavy flamers built into them, no bolter, heavy bolter, bolt pistol or anything else like that. i dont want to sound like im bitching but this is a commander and i feel like a mistake in his weaponry by you could mean the end of him

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
You guys had better get your posts up fast, Orks are very impatient together some killing.

Who will I go and attack?...?.?.?.?.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Eh, i'm not really interested in being any of those factions. :/

Guess i'll just need to stick around and hope another rp opens up that allows me to be the nids. (wish i'd have gotten here before "For the Hive!" ended.)

Thanks anyway.

321 - 340 of 512 Posts