Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

261 - 280 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
LIES! Silbern you must remove the Imperials! They are the bigger threat! you can always ally yourself with the... umm... Necrons and kill the tyranids later!

And leave the earth caste behind to build the fortress all by themselves so it will be done when you get back.
First of all, I would rather leave my earth caste with a hoarde of orks then with you Tyranids. The out come should be just about the same anyway.

Don't worry everyone. All I'm going to say is the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So to place my "Carrion" plan in to effect I will probablly let the Tyranid take the planet. This campaign is getting interesting indeed.

I'll take some losses, understandable, but with the addition of Grey Knights to the Imperials means I will need to take a wait-and-see approach. Sooner or later the Tyranids will have to face the Imperials who are also trying to fight off the Necrons! Carrion indeed.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You know you want to declare war on the squats, The eldar have an alliance with your men, plus we wont make demands of you!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
No ya gitz, you stupid umies stomp da tin cans to pieces coz dey in no fun ter fight an den ya bluemies (Tau) can come and join da waaaaaaaaagh an den we wil stomp da umies wiv our superior intellect.

Orkish logic dat iz, if we iz in charge of da galaxy everything would be much simpler. Da umies would be kept in their place an we would av a 'ternity o fightin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No ya gitz, you stupid umies stomp da tin cans to pieces coz dey in no fun ter fight an den ya bluemies (Tau) can come and join da waaaaaaaaagh an den we wil stomp da umies wiv our superior intellect.

Orkish logic dat iz, if we iz in charge of da galaxy everything would be much simpler. Da umies would be kept in their place an we would av a 'ternity o fightin.
Why the Ork "Intelligence" does not rule the Galaxy...

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
ok i have a bone to pick with the grey knight force....really? a grey knight force has never and will never be that big unless the chaos gods themselves take flesh and run rampant through the galaxy. we all might as well put down our weapons and surrender now if the whole damn chapter is going to be in system because they are THAT damn powerful.

if anything yours should be the smallest force in the system unless they are tied to an Inquisition fleet, which is usually the case. i mean fuck i should put a boltgun to my head and squeeze the trigger right now and get it over with this is so one sided. yes i know that they are imperial and on our side but this just went from the Imperials being up there with the necrons and eldar to it just being the Imperium bending everyone over and raping them.

There's not a huge warp threat for THAT MANY grey knights to be here, maybe like four squads of five if you want to be realistic, even Angron only had 100 grey knights pitted against him and his forces on armageddon and that is one hell of a fucking fighting force.

sorry for the rant but i find it hard to believe that i am the only who finds this simply wrong. i have nothing against you tanis but you should realize that this is a force that could quite possibly take the Eye on if it ever came to that and it is waaaaay too much overkill for this kind of Rp. shit i might as well have put the Custodes down as my own army list and gone with that

·
Registered
434 Posts
Going to have to agree with Apostle, Grey Knights would never deploy in such force for such a small campaign if they were to deploy at all.

Prehaps a compromise could come into effect, one Grey Knight can represent X amount of troop's?

Like 1 Grey Knight = 100 Troop points.
Thats just an example but it could along those lines?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Small? SMALL? You call my excursion in this system SMALL? You will need to more than 100 pathetic grey knights to deal with my might!

I am your doom.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
oh anfo, if only you knew how quickly your tiny army would fall against the might of the Eighth Grand Company. we are the epitome of the Iron Warriors and the Hammer of Olympia, too bad i couldnt play them then these grey knights would have a true force to go up against :laugh:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Black Apostle, i am viewing his army now, I will balance it out, the only real difference between your mutant space marines and the grey knights is that the knights all have psychic lances and powers thats it.

He is technically a Inquisition army, and that slot will close afterwards, leaving only the Orks open for play. I need an Inquisitor to introduce what the real plot all amasses up to.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Hmmm. More humans? The galaxy seems to have developed a rodent problem while we were asleep, Lord Shadow.

Bust out the World Engines!

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
i beg to differ EH, there is a very large difference between the grey knights and the black dragons. just because my men have mutations does not put them on the level of the grey knights, NONE of them have turned to chaos EVER, they are the best chapter out there plain and simple and none can really hold a candle to them.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Mmmmmm... how many, Serp? I think a couple o' dozen (World Engines) should do the trick, but I can't be bothered with waiting.... perhaps we should just go ahead and seal off the Warp? Properly, this time? (Stupid Old Ones.)

Although I wouldn't mind creating a time machine, going and fetching a load of C'tan, and letting them loose. Like, thousands. Thousands of C'tan.

The mere thought arouses me in a way that nothing else can.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
i demand that the Emperor get off the toilet and aid us. i mean seriously how big is this shit he is taking for him to be in the bathroom for ten thousand years?

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Gah... If time travel was a possibility, Darvy, I`m pretty sure it would have been done. :(

...stupid Old Ones...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Hahaha, no, sorry, i'll have it posted tonight. Life caught up with me and I've been extremely busy these last couple o'days

·
Banned
3 Posts
ok i have a bone to pick with the grey knight force....really? a grey knight force has never and will never be that big unless the chaos gods themselves take flesh and run rampant through the galaxy. we all might as well put down our weapons and surrender now if the whole damn chapter is going to be in system because they are THAT damn powerful.

if anything yours should be the smallest force in the system unless they are tied to an Inquisition fleet, which is usually the case.
Going to have to agree with Apostle, Grey Knights would never deploy in such force for such a small campaign if they were to deploy at all.
Sorry to upset. I was told it would be Grey Knights. I don't have any of the books all I really have been going off was the Lexicanum information, and another site that had some expanded information about them.

If I will be taking the slot of the Inquisition I will be seeing about a force more balanced with other Ordos of the Inquisition.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #278 (Edited)
Well, if you want, you can have the Orks, thats the only other race thats left.

I ask that you please stop picking on Tanis, I said he could have an Grey Knights force, unless he wants orks. the reason is that i need an Inquisitor to cap off the storyline. In addition, I also need someone to counter the soon to be rising chaos faction. I need an anti-deamon faction, and the Grey Knights do nicely.

Tanis, your ok, I'll work you in in a seperate post and then you'll follow the regular posts. The only thing is that I'm going to give your a Thorax Witch Hunter ship for your fleet to even out the odds here. Besides that, your officially in!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
We have said before, we are not picking on Tanis or trying to bully him.

I play the Grey Knight's on the table-top. While they do not do as well as they are made out to, it's only to balance out the odd's (And there Codex is way to old).
These Knights are the some of the Mankind's greatest warriors, the best of the best. Their Chapter would not under any circumstances deploy in full force. And it just puts me off to see fluff like that ignored, especially because I play them.

Once again, not blaming Tanis.:(

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
You know that daemon that I can summon eh89? What kind of Daemon is he and how many other daemons come with him?

261 - 280 of 512 Posts