Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

241 - 260 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Of course, I realise that I can't just regenerate my entire army. But from the fluffy side, you can never truly kill a Necron. :laugh: But if this was fluffy, well.... just let Serp go on about a Star God, and you'd commit suicide before it even came close. :p

Say WHAT!? My ship is as large as the US! Wow, I wasn't expecting that much. I was never sure exactly, just "big" but this boosts my confidence with it quite a bit.

I feel like just withdrawing my forces and waiting to see what happens in the update! :biggrin:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Actual discriptions in books and fluff says up to 4 times the size of an imperial battleship I think. Was only really talked about in one book that I have read, and then it was compared to a strike cruiser.
Still a huge mutha. And it destroyed a star by itself.

You can kill a necron. According to one of the ultramarine books if you destroy the energy source in the tomb that a necron is 'bound' to then it will kill the necron. They did it and the living metal making up the necrons simply died, and began to fragment into pieces. Think it was Nightbringer.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Of course, I realise that I can't just regenerate my entire army. But from the fluffy side, you can never truly kill a Necron. :laugh: But if this was fluffy, well.... just let Serp go on about a Star God, and you'd commit suicide before it even came close. :p
Oh Darvy, where shall I begin? From the top? Why not? :biggrin:

So basically, the c`tan are beings of pure physical energy. They are literally the oldest entities in existence, the very first life forms to be born when the universe itself was young. They learned to feed on the newly emergent stars as they began to form, draining suns of their very life force in order to satisfy their unquenchable thirst. So when you think of a c`tan in its true glory, think of a being that has fed on entire solar systems since the dawn of time itself and you get an idea of what these things truly are.

Fortunately, no mortal creature need fear facing a c`tan in its true form, but that does not make them any less terrifying in physical form. The metal bodies forged by the necrontyr introduced the star gods to a medium they had not previously encountered, the material.

With this new take on their limitless existence, the star gods discovered a new form of sustanence; the very life force of mortal creatures. Many players seem to confuse this energy with the soul, but the truth is that the soul is comprised of warp energy, that one dimension the c`tan are unable to perceive...

The young races were desperate to destroy these terrible beings, and they turned to the warp for the answer, reasoning that the limitless depths of the immaterium, a realm unknowable to the c`tan, would hold the key to defeating them. And while it is true that the c`tan are indeed vulnerable to the energies of the warp, it should also be noted that to date the number of c`tan destroyed by a warp based weapon remains firmly at zero. :so_happy:

Once, there were thousands of c`tan. Now, there are only four. Or five if you include mine haha! Their decline is due chiefly to the machinations of one of their own, a star god named Mephet`Ran who desired greater power for itself. IUt tricked the other gods into devouring each other, declaring them to be the sweetest of morsels. The civil war among gods was the salvation of the mortal races, lacking as they were in any true success against the gods.

Indirectly, this pain, war, suffering and constant turmoil is what brought about the formation of what would later become the Chaos Gods, perhaps the only beings to truly rival the star borne for power...

Et Cetera...

Actual discriptions in books and fluff says up to 4 times the size of an imperial battleship I think. Was only really talked about in one book that I have read, and then it was compared to a strike cruiser.
Still a huge mutha. And it destroyed a star by itself.
Yes, these things are badass. They drain the life from stars to power their weapons, which themselves are capable of unbelievable devastation. That planet`s in the way? Not for long...

You can kill a necron. According to one of the ultramarine books if you destroy the energy source in the tomb that a necron is 'bound' to then it will kill the necron. They did it and the living metal making up the necrons simply died, and began to fragment into pieces. Think it was Nightbringer.
Those were simply the Nightbringer`s guardians, a token force diminished by the failure to secure his vessel before he slept. You will remember that he took them with him when he left, so there`s every chance they will be revived elsewhere. It would seem incredibly foolish for a necron to be bound to only one complex. Keep in mind the tomb complexes are capable of becoming linked, as evident in the Cain series.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Ok, ok, settle down you two :laugh: . Anyway, you should worry bout the Eldar Serp. they are the only ones who can truely defeat you in this game.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I thank you Serp, for giving us that lovely little rundown.

Now to show what the apprentice has read up on sneakily in his four hours of sleep (the other 20 hours being learning from master Serp the lore of the Necrons!).

You mention Mephet'Ran; he was the first C'tan to assume the form of necrodermis, yes? And did so most readily and easily, and became known as the Messanger.

However, too late the Necrontyr (well, Necrons by that stage :laugh: ) realise he is not the Messanger; but the Deciever.

Yes!? Yes?! Have I done well, master?!

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
watch a primarch come out of nowhere and go all whoop ass:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I thank you Serp, for giving us that lovely little rundown.

Now to show what the apprentice has read up on sneakily in his four hours of sleep (the other 20 hours being learning from master Serp the lore of the Necrons!).

You mention Mephet'Ran; he was the first C'tan to assume the form of necrodermis, yes? And did so most readily and easily, and became known as the Messanger.

However, too late the Necrontyr (well, Necrons by that stage :laugh: ) realise he is not the Messanger; but the Deciever.

Yes!? Yes?! Have I done well, master?!
No Darvy, no you haven`t. :punish:

Mephet`Ran was not the first. Kaelis Ra was. Do you know who Kaelis Ra is, apprentice?

+5rep for you Darvy if you get it right. :rtfm:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Having missed this thread just a second ago (posted in the wrong one) here's my answer, Serp:

Eeek! Is it, by chance, the Nightbringer? Oh yes, it must be, that's the Star God that was feeding off the horrid sun in the Necrontyr's home planet system. It must be! It must be!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Hahah, yeah, i saw that too Samu, it's damn hilarious. By the way, you gave me the idea that I'll post an epic music video to go along with the fights if it's similar; thanks.:victory:

Ok, AS OF NOW THIS RPG IS OPEN TO TWO MORE PLAYERS, THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ARMIES REMAINING. AFTER THESE SPOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN, SO HURRY UP!!

1. Orks
2. Ecclesiarchy
3. Mechanicus
4. Grey Knights
5. An alien race(one based on a 40k designed race like the Hrud, e.t.c.)

Ok, guys, the next update is up(thank the Maker, it took me 5 hours to finish). Look at the new update and keep this story going. Also, pay attention to the new arrivals, SIBLERN AND BLACKAPOSTLEVILHELMS armies in case your having to deal with them.:shok:

I also jumped in, hehe, this is so fun, wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:grin:
Hello. I am thinking of joining this thread and was wondering, what armies are available?
Those were the armies available last time eh89 told us, nit sure about Orks though as once my guys go in their berzerk suicide mission in rejoining as Orks.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Grey Knights

Leaders Name: Grand-Master Briathos

Background: Briathos has been involved in countless crusades and assaults in his years of service. When the first reports of contact arrived from the Galbatorius system Briathos quickly moved. The threat of no less than two chaos forces is not a small thing. This compiled with the many other creatures in the system has come to the attention of the Inquisition, and thus the Grey Knights.

Equipment: Aegis Terminator Armour, Daemonhammer, wrist mounted Nemesis Storm Bolter with Psycannon Bolts, Sacred Incense, Icon of the Just, Unguents of Warding. Uses the Psychic Powers: Prowess, and Holocaust

Race’s Name: Grey Knights

Army’s Name: Maleficarum ]Deus Imperator (Hammer of the God Emperor)

Description: Masters of Deep Striking the Grey Knights often seem to ‘appear’ within an enemy line where their close combat prowess is immediately evident. Each man is also a Psyker in their own right. Together they are able to form frightening powers.

Forces:
1 Brother Chaplin Raguel.
9 Brother Captain Erathaol leading Honor Guard: 9 Grey Knight Terminators
5 Brother Captain Eae leading 5 man Grey Knight Terminator Squad with an Incinerator
5 Brother Captain Ayil leading 5 man Grey Knight Terminator Squad with a Psycannon
10 Brother Captain Azbogah leading 10 man Grey Knight Terminator Squad with an Incinerator
Brother Captain Raziel leading 14x5man Grey Knight Intervention squads lead by Justiciars.
Brother Captain Saniel leading 10x10man Grey Knight Intervention squads lead by Justiciars.
Brother Captain Yehudiah leading 20x5man Grey Knight Intervention squads lead by Justiciars.
Brother Captain Serandiel leading 10x10man Grey Knight Purgation squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Xathanael leading 10x10man Grey Knight Purgation squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Zophiel leading 10x10man Grey Knight squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Labbiel leading 10x10man Grey Knight squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Leo leading 10x10man Grey Knight squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Jaoel leading 20x5man Grey Knight squads lead by Justiciars
Brother Captain Zuriel leading 20x5man Grey Knight squads lead by Justiciars

All Brothers have the Unguents of Warding, and squads have a mixture of weapons. Their Psycic powers will be chosen to augment their role.

4 Grey Knight Land Raiders
3 Grey Knight Land Raider Crusaders
3 Grey Knight Land Raider Redeemers
6 Grey Knight Razorbacks
4 Grey Knight Dreadnoughts

Space Force:

Battle Barge: Hammer of Vengeance
2 Hunter Destroyers: Fury Squadron
3 Gladius Frigate: Anvil Squadron

Hope this is okay.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Have I missed anything? The Internet's been down since Saturday so I haven't been able to check. :confused:. I don't think I have, but could someone let me know? Thanks.

Also, I can see the Imperials Victorious if we have the Grey Knights joining us I mean, thats the Vanquishers, Black Dragons, Grey Knights and Imperial Guard, Squats and maybe White Scars versus all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't be too over-confident about that.

I have back up plans to my back up plans in which to deal with you Imperials. Seems like I will have to play my "Carrion" plan...

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
only thing you might have missed Bane is that Varian is now on the surface with a few squads aiding in the defense of the Imperial Base

·
Registered
310 Posts
LIES! Silbern you must remove the Imperials! They are the bigger threat! you can always ally yourself with the... umm... Necrons and kill the tyranids later!

And leave the earth caste behind to build the fortress all by themselves so it will be done when you get back.

241 - 260 of 512 Posts