Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 240 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Trust me, the Imperials are stronger than you think, you should play them in the table-top game; they can be quite a force. Anyway, I don't understand why you feel you are going to die Samu3. You have the damn NOVA cannon, you could just rail it up and take a good shot. You might kill 1/3 of his forces with that shot.
I fear that such a shot would also take not only the Necrons, but Tallisions Hope as well.
We could always run back to the ship and take the shot when there still standing around but as I have said before it is unlike Vostroyan's to back down even if it may be the better option.:wild:

It's also unlike them to work with Xeno, But for the Eldar I think I think they can make the exeption, Kreutz values the lives of his men. However Im not sure how that will effect the Squats / Gaurd relationship.:unsure:

On the flip side, Cadia to the rescue!:yahoo:
Hopefully Eldar, And Space Marines, and Deathwing Space Marines, and more Eldar???

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
If I`m going out, I`m going out in flames!
Erm, you have noticed that I just dropped down to your aid with most of my army, right? :laugh:

EDIT: Umm, xianren, just in case you hadn't noticed, my Necron Cairn ship has been long gone from the space around Yuli-459. It got crippled, then disappeared. What you don't know is that it was then repaired on the planet, sent out, and has now come back into orbit, but fully cloaked and completely undetectable... it can't shoot you, but you can't shoot it. Perhaps you meant another Necron vessel in orbit (although I don't think there is one that has done damage to your fleet enough for you to want revenge other than mine) but just in case, I'm saying this now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hive_Mind
Read the part on shadow in the warp. Good luck reaching Yuli Prime.
As a side note, you realize that displacing the ground to get two 'continent' sized starships off the world it should destroy the ecosystem, and quite possibly ruin the atmosphere. Now with something happening in the core that should destabilize it all. WOHO! MASS CHAOS ON A DIEING WORLD!

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Also, Serp, Is it okay if Castol inflicts some sort of damage on you before his inevitable death?
Of course, his spyder friend will only fix him anyway. :p

Erm, you have noticed that I just dropped down to your aid with most of my army, right? :laugh:
What? Where?!

*Sorrow looks up, then gets sucker-punched by Castol!*

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hive_Mind
Read the part on shadow in the warp. Good luck reaching Yuli Prime.
As a side note, you realize that displacing the ground to get two 'continent' sized starships off the world it should destroy the ecosystem, and quite possibly ruin the atmosphere. Now with something happening in the core that should destabilize it all. WOHO! MASS CHAOS ON A DIEING WORLD!
Ah and if it dies will it be any more use to the Hive fleet? you may be able to get some bio-matter but alot of it would die out before actually absorbing it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dead or not, biomatter is biomatter. Dead is as good as living. It's the question of, is there sufficient biomatter available in this system to warrant the hive remaining? Thus far it appears that the rich planets are now extinct, thus there is basically only the 'pickings' left. That being the case there is one planet left that supports enough life to risk the splinter fleet for, and by all appearances there will not be enough swarm to take it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
G0arr, that the story line here, "two massive continent sie ships. Maybe alittle smaller but it's similar to the Halo Wars game where they fly into the planet; excpet there going the opposite way.

And no silbern, the bio matter is still there to consume. What I've done is thrown in a problem for both sides. The Tau shall not be massacred as previously thought, though they will have to contend with all the gargoyals and other flying Nids around.

However, the ground forces are now split, and it;s up to the individual command to decide how to get to his opponent.

Besides, the darkest twist in this whole thread has yet to be revealed, but soon it will make the Imperials scramble head-over-heels to get it first.:wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
What, a star god waking up isn`t the darkest threat?

You dare to insult the might of the necrons?! :wild:

Meh, okay. I await with interest...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What, a star god waking up isn`t the darkest threat?

You dare to insult the might of the necrons?! :wild:

Meh, okay. I await with interest...
How about the STC for an Imperator Titan? :yahoo: I'm sure that would cause quite a fuss.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Cadian's are here! :)
Thanks to Dan Abnett these guys can kill... pritty... much... anything!:p

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
@Serp: You know how they never found all of the primarchs....well.....:laugh:

@Samu: I should've said so sooner, but I feel so sorry for you. The number of Necrons just practically tripled: I deployed my forces to help Serp.

500 Warriors, 100 Immortals, 100 Destroyers, and 15 Monoliths just appeared in a green flash behind Serp's forces.

Nothing can help you now. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Part from the space marines that have drop podded in, the other space marines en route and the fact that my eldar have now dropped to the planet. I would say the necrons are going down personally haha

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hmmmm...... you have me there.

Oh wait, I forgot, we have a Star God on our side. Checkmate. :laugh:

EDIT: PLUS, Necrons don't take casualties forever. When a unit is crippled, it phases out to its Tomb (my Cairn ship functions as it has the Tomb Matrix), to be repaired by the scarabs. So you might defeat the Necrons; but then, in a few days, they will come back again. No matter how many reinforcements you have, you cannot be unlimited.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmmmm...... you have me there.

Oh wait, I forgot, we have a Star God on our side. Checkmate. :laugh:

EDIT: PLUS, Necrons don't take casualties forever. When a unit is crippled, it phases out to its Tomb (my Cairn ship functions as it has the Tomb Matrix), to be repaired by the scarabs. So you might defeat the Necrons; but then, in a few days, they will come back again. No matter how many reinforcements you have, you cannot be unlimited.
1) Eldar done it before, they can do it again.

2) On the combat Calculator its still just another figure

3) The Nova Cannon can always just erase the Tomb Matrix from existance, failing that turning the entire army into Molten Slag is good enough

4) Vostroya is one of the only worlds that replace lost soldiers in fighting units. You would be Suprised

·
Registered
310 Posts
The smallest continent on earth is Australlia, approximately 3 million square miles (7.8 million km2). How large, compared to say an imperial battleship, are these things?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #237 (Edited)
G0arr, the first ship is about as large as the island of Tiawan(thats near China). The second one, a carrier, is the as large as the U.K put together. Does that scare you enough?

Besides, Farseer Darvelath's Cairn ship is as large as the continental U.S, thats even scarier. Only Samu3's battleship comes close and it's the sie of Australia

Also, let me make one thing clear. Even though the Necrons can repair themselves, it takes time; time which you may not have Serpion5 and Farseer Darevalth. If the Imperials drive you back into the portal and destroy it, you have no way to regain access to the system and will only be able to retreat to your ships and survive as a backround army. You guys should take it more seriously, especially since the two space marine forces just arrived on the same turn, and thats preety damn dangerous for you guys.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
It doesn't matter, the last major plot twist will soon be introduced, and then after that you guy will have to make a decision, especially the Imperial players.

Ok, this thread is STILL OPEN FOR 2 PEOPLE for now. i will soon close it so hurry up and get in.

·
The Hammer of Olympia
2,116 Posts
stargod doesnt mean much to be honest to me, and it's an insane one at that that will just as much kill his followers as he will bless them. you loose enough battles and who knows, your stargod might devour you himself :laugh: the Imperium does not need such things to succeed, our faith in the Emperor and our unyielding courage is more than enough to deal with anything. sides if all goes AWOL we can just let the nids have you and leave the system :p

++++Thought for the day++++

The Emperor helps those who help themselves

++++End Transmission++++

221 - 240 of 512 Posts