Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nurgle CSM
I like these guys because of there high toughness and feel no pain along with the fluff.
They get cool charcters and wargear
Also the fact that I can pretend to give squirrl aids to enemy players:wacko:

Necrons

Glancing the hell out of a tank basically turning it into a weaponless lunch box
the idea of slowly advancing raining down hell on others
making Arnold Schwarzenegger face out of green stuff then put it on the necron lord
So I need a little help deciding

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Necrons. I am biased of course, but any opinion will be.

If you`re new to the hobby, then the csm are probably a more forgiving choice.

But if you`re up to the challenge, necrons can be a very rewarding army to play.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If you enjoy survivablitily and saving some sweet, sweet money, then go for Deathguard. You'd be very surprised how 6 of them can kill a squad of 30 Ork Boyz in cc.

The only time I played against Necrons they were wiped clean on the floor, because if you kill 75% of what's on the table, they lose (not including reserves). Nightbringer is amazing though. In terms of survivability, they don't live all that long. They just have a fancy wording for the Feel No Pain rule.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well I play both, the new Necron codex is due out sometime next year, so maybe start Death Guard now and move onto Crons next year.

You new to the hobby?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Nurgle need more love....all 2000 puss fileed marines need more love.
Once agian i sort of biest but Plague Mariens are far easyer to get the hang of and rather easy to convert. Just go to town with that scaple on your Chaos Marines.
Also Necrons are expected to have a revamp within the next 12 months so if you cna hold of until we know exectly whats what with them that would be the better option.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nurgle gets my vote. Better model range, greater modeling and painting freedom, an actual fluff... CSM is, after all, my third choice, right after Orks and Imperial Guard.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Neither... lol. I've never been a nurgle fan and necrons just don't appeal to me as an army.

That said, the Necs are cooler then nurgle in my opinion, but they are meant to have a new codex by mid-next year.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Its really not even a decision. You have to go Nurgle here. The models are cooler and Necrons are arguably the most boring army to play with in the entire series

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Its really not even a decision. You have to go Nurgle here. The models are cooler and Necrons are arguably the most boring army to play with in the entire series
Cooler? Boring? ..... thats your opinion not fact :p
I happen to think that Necrons are cooler and far from boring, but again that is opinion not fact.

The Necrons pose an interesting chalenge to a player, having to factor in multiple things while strategising your army setup and how you play it; WBB and the Phase Out rule for instance.

I enjoy the challenge, So I say: Necrons

SGMAlice

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i would go CSM becuase Necs havent been updated and now that glancing hit cant destroy vehicles you can really only imobolize and weapon destroy which is good dont get me wrong but your range on warriors is only 24 and they arent fearless, ives seen some good necron list but i have beaten every cron player because my list was bult around killing necron. but another thing ive noticed about crons is they lasck ap3 weapons, sure the particle whips and heavy destroyer shots but there isnt enough. but anyone who hasnt played necron will surely lose because of the monolith and lord. but id play it safe go plague marines, plague marines are awesome in close combat and great at killing vehicles because of the 2 meltas. i use to run plague marines and they are brutal in 10 man squads 2 melta guns in a rhino even bezerkers have a hard time killing them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Definitely Nurgle, firstly, you can do wonders in modelling and painting with Nurgle while benefitting from a greater potential fluffwise. As well as the fact that Necrons suffer from a severely out-of-date codex, models, and have a steeper learning curve to master or use their army effeciently. Besides who doesn't like puss-ridden, bloated, rotten marines marching across the battlefield chuckling as lasgun, bolter, and autocannon fire patter off their putrid bellies as they spread pestilence and decay in Nurgle's name?

·
Registered
92 Posts
im not biased toward necorns but i despise nurgle my patron god for my CSM is Tzeentch the changer of ways so id have to say the Necrontyr

·
Registered
92 Posts
but the Changer of Ways shall welcome thee to his fold

Tzeentch marines are quite strong and captains are all soecerors (in the Thousand Sons) they also benefit from the ability to cast magic without the test for it to work not to mention Ahriman

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im doing both atm. Chaos are much more competive but necrons may have some new tricks once the update comes out.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If you believe that Necrons are getting a new codex soon then now is the time to start collecting.
Models usually become more expensive in new editions, rather than cheaper. Start collecting Necrons now means the best of both worlds, cheap models now and then a new codex to use them all with in the next 12 months or so.

Necrons are more suited to an analytical player, so if you are a bit more into stomp&smash then they aren't for you. They require a delicate touch.

If you like Nurgle then there are some fun options in the Chaos Daemon codex, as an alternative to going CSM. Troops that are T5, have FNP and EW and an invulnerable save are quite nice... Taking 2 Great Unclean Ones as HQs is also really nasty, they have 2+ poisoned weapons and WS6/S6 and loads of wounds.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have never played as CSM or Necrons... I am currently building a Necron army right now and my biggest peeve model wise is the lack of choices... CSM are going to offer you a very diverse and interesting model choice... however the thought of Terminators wiping the floor with all organics are quite thrilling..... I played my Eldar against the Necrons and each player brought a different approach to using them. One player was doing a more shoot, shoot, and more shooting, the other players was mixing it up with melee and shooting... so it was a very fun game... and yes I have thought of molding the Necron Governor Arnold... I have played against Several CSM and had to face Plague marines and never did see Squirrel aids but the feel no pain is nasty....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts