Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I was thinking of making a new chapter called the "Torchbearers" but before I think of anything else I wanted to know how yous feel about the color scheme. I kinda like it but I'd like other opinions!

Attachments

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I think we need more to go on here. What's the connecting between the name and the colors, iconography, heraldry, etc.

Olive drab is pretty traditional military wear how does it connect to "torch bearing"?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I agree, need more to go on. When I hear "torchbearer", the first thing that comes to mind is flames. How about a color scheme that makes it look like the whole body is a flame? Starting one color at the feet and transitioning into another little before mid way to a second color and then 3/4 of the way to the the 3rd color to finish it off? Each SM would look like a walking flame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, need more to go on. When I hear "torchbearer", the first thing that comes to mind is flames. How about a color scheme that makes it look like the whole body is a flame? Starting one color at the feet and transitioning into another little before mid way to a second color and then 3/4 of the way to the the 3rd color to finish it off? Each SM would look like a walking flame.
I suppose that's a good point, as for history? I'm still working on that but I'm thinking of having them be a chapter that came form the Blood angels and believe that it is there duty and purpose in life to bring the light of the emperor to all corners of the galaxy. Kinda like the black Templar's but they concern themselves more with finding lost human colonies and/or establishing new colonies

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The colors don't have to reflect the name. But, as stated in an above post, there needs to be more to go on. While the color scheme isn't bad, there's no mention of iconography to make them identifiable as the "torch bearers". That's all I was trying to point out and why I made the suggestion I did.

·
Closet Dictator
3,425 Posts
I think your original scheme is grand, all it needs is the chapter icon, which I would suggest to be a small flame like a candle or an actual lit torch with the torch being golden to match the aquilla on the breast plates

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
The green and silver colour scheme looks fine and isn't something there's a lot of in space marine chapters.

Thematically, do you plan to go flamer heavy?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I'm gonna echo the old man, though with one difference. Keep that black and red helmet scheme because that looks absolutely awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts