Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
i have to say after looking at the thunderhawk, this project is not making me fizz as much, i might feel differently after you start detailing but at the moment it feels like a series of boxes forced to stick to each other rather awkwardly, though that could just be the warhounds fault to be honest as i have never really liked the design, but that said the plastic pipe joints and tube guns just feel a little dare i say lazy compared to the work you put in on the thunder hawk.
Dont get me wrong i think what you are doing is great, any scratch build is always great to see, but i just feel that you can do better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i have to say after looking at the thunderhawk, this project is not making me fizz as much, i might feel differently after you start detailing but at the moment it feels like a series of boxes forced to stick to each other rather awkwardly, though that could just be the warhounds fault to be honest as i have never really liked the design, but that said the plastic pipe joints and tube guns just feel a little dare i say lazy compared to the work you put in on the thunder hawk.
Dont get me wrong i think what you are doing is great, any scratch build is always great to see, but i just feel that you can do better.

Yes i don’t like the warhoud much; I’m going have another go but making the legs only from wood. Bearing in mind it is the mark one, it does need a bit off work on the design to improve it and a lot more detail. Easier to start from scratch then improve on it

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is the last thunderhawk i sold on ebay.

Terry Salter who bought it has painted it up and sent me over some pictures.
Its for a imperial fist space marine army that has been out on campaign for a long time and are slightly battle worn

i personally think he has done a fantastic job

Painted Thunderhawk <--- link

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
seems a time consuming project, man! How much it takes to print and assemble a building?
btw, i like thw idea. i'm looking forward to look at the completed city

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
seems a time consuming project, man! How much it takes to print and assemble a building?
btw, i like thw idea. i'm looking forward to look at the completed city
it just varies from building to building, the reactor cores for example take as long as the suplpy base even though the suply base uses 33% more wood, it just depends on detail. the fowards battlebase takes 2 hourse to cut out becasue of the size and detail

the city is completed there was a link some where above to it on my blog with a load of pictures

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
so after a few months break form makiong models to concentrate on my business i have started a new project,

it is a Forgeworl Assault ram and its my mark 2 version.

previous version was made a year ago before i had a laser cutter and was made from plasticard

this one is being made on my laser cutter and from mount card

full build log click here

21 - 28 of 28 Posts