Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there was a city in ancient tomb king lands that made use of lizardmen beasts in war, such as cold one pulling carriots and giant lizard riding beasts. I'm trying to think of a way to replicate a tomb king force integrating these characteristics but I'm stuck on the idea of whether they should be living dinosaurs or skeleton dinosaurs.

If I wanted to make them skeleton dinosaurs I'd probably have to use a kit outside of GW, like skeleton models you can find on the web. However there's also the idea of just sticking skeleton riders on existing lizardmen models like the stegadon, or having chariots pulled by cold ones. The idea being once they awoke they went back to capturing live lizard beasts.

What do you think?

·
Registered
313 Posts
...IMHO, no. Living dinosaurs fit much better with Lizardmen, I'd say. If you want some kind of dinos with your mummies, go for skeleton dinos or something similar.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You could go crazy on some conversion work and start practising like.. Cutting holes out of the dinos and the filling it in with bone and muscle sinew and have draping skin and all stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Have you seen the new VC tomb king monsters and dragons they might work for your dinosaur theme or at least provide skeletons for conversions.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
If you're not wanting uber-high quality, pick up a couple of children's archaeological/excavation kits - essentially a box of sand with a plastic dinosaur skeleton in it in bits. Use the sand for basing or throw it away, and build the dinosaurs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts