Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'm sorry, Tomb Kings players, because your army was actually quite cool, but unfortunately there's just no room for that aesthetic in World of Sigmarcraft.
There is actually, the Tomb Kings would be great as some kind of Death Aristocracy in the Death Grand Alliance. But GW are stupid and hence...

LotN

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is actually, the Tomb Kings would be great as some kind of Death Aristocracy in the Death Grand Alliance. But GW are stupid and hence...
Their pauldrons aren't immense enough, their art is really nice, and they were already scraping the bottom of the barrel with 'Deathrattle Legions'; there just weren't any more silly names to give the mummies.

In truth, their whole racial motivation in WFB could basically be summed up as 'get off my lawn', and when your lawn gets retconned...

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
There just weren't any more silly names to give the mummies.
Indeed. And it's a shame because some of the Death faction names are good; like the Nighthaunts or Soulblights. If used with good context and not gratuitously, those names could be really good. But Deathrattles and Deathwalkers are just painfully bad.

LotN

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This isn't exactly a shocker. The new Undead models lean more toward the VC end of the spectrum, if not, totally in between. There isn't really room for the Egypt motif if they're headed in that direction.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Whew, looks like I got my Maulerfiend/Necrosphinx kitbash in under the wire.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
This is certainly very interesting, not sure why they might reduce their product line like this, but i suppose expensive casts taking up shelve space concerns them more if they aren't being used.

Personally its sad to see models go, but in the end i don't play fantasy and don't have any commitment to these models.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, i always hated bretonnia. however, i will miss them and tomb kings, their art was exceptional and the painting very rewarding (i had some commissioned bretonnian models back at the time. funny as hell to paint!). the new AoS cartoonish look is just too "fantasy" for me. stupid gw.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait, why are you guys talking about Bretonnia as if it wasn't squatted many years ago?

Have you been talking to that one guy who remembers playing them one time again?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I knew it, I even took back some recently purchased Tomb King stuff when I heard the rumour, this just adds further fuel to the fire. You know I was actually considering buying some of the new slayers, but AoS is dead to me now. I think I may try sell all my warhammer stuff.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wait, why are you guys talking about Bretonnia as if it wasn't squatted many years ago?

Have you been talking to that one guy who remembers playing them one time again?
But their models have still been available to buy despite not having an update in however long.

I'm not into AoS so I might be totally off base here, but wasn't the entire world destroyed and a new one built? How would there be a Bretonnia anyway?
There isn't. Part of AoS though was that you could still use all your old models (which you can) and up until now most of the old range have still been available.

I knew it, I even took back some recently purchased Tomb King stuff when I heard the rumour, this just adds further fuel to the fire. You know I was actually considering buying some of the new slayers, but AoS is dead to me now. I think I may try sell all my warhammer stuff.
This sounds like a rational and measured response.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
So, I'm in possession of a small TK force, have their army book and the 8th ed Warhammer Rules. There is nothing to stop me from using them among my local gaming circle. Literally the only restriction on this is that I can't play the out of date rules at a gw store. I am contemplating snagging a few more while Cheef still has a few boxes in stock.

This whole AoS thing happened because sales weren't what gw wanted. Cheef (local gw manager) explained it to me like this: People would be interested in Fantasy because they liked the models. But as he would explain the basics of the game and the hobby to them, it became apparent how many models they'd need, how much money they'd have to spend.
Look at armies like TK and Skaven. $50AU for a box of ten or so skeletons or rat soldiers. Times that by anywhere between three and five, and congrats! You've spent over a hundred bucks on one unit. Oh, you'll need like five or six more. Cha-ching.

AoS can feasibly be played with the models you get out of one or two boxes. The game seems unbalanced and shit to a lot of people, but they seem to forget that there are loads of pre-designed scenarios to that effect. Kind of like LotR, you play specific situations that are designed to be fair and see how the dice and tactics of the game affect the outcome. People are playing AoS as though it was WHF. I think these people would just be better off playing WHF.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
There isn't. Part of AoS though was that you could still use all your old models (which you can) and up until now most of the old range have still been available.
I mean, you still can use the warscrolls released with the initial release, right? They're just... stopping carrying the minis, is all. So, uh, if you already have a TK army, you're set? Everyone else is screwed though, of course.

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
So, I'm in possession of a small TK force, have their army book and the 8th ed Warhammer Rules. There is nothing to stop me from using them among my local gaming circle. Literally the only restriction on this is that I can't play the out of date rules at a gw store. I am contemplating snagging a few more while Cheef still has a few boxes in stock.

This whole AoS thing happened because sales weren't what gw wanted. Cheef (local gw manager) explained it to me like this: People would be interested in Fantasy because they liked the models. But as he would explain the basics of the game and the hobby to them, it became apparent how many models they'd need, how much money they'd have to spend.
Look at armies like TK and Skaven. $50AU for a box of ten or so skeletons or rat soldiers. Times that by anywhere between three and five, and congrats! You've spent over a hundred bucks on one unit. Oh, you'll need like five or six more. Cha-ching.

AoS can feasibly be played with the models you get out of one or two boxes. The game seems unbalanced and shit to a lot of people, but they seem to forget that there are loads of pre-designed scenarios to that effect. Kind of like LotR, you play specific situations that are designed to be fair and see how the dice and tactics of the game affect the outcome. People are playing AoS as though it was WHF. I think these people would just be better off playing WHF.
thats exactly how the manager of my local GW explained it to me as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts