Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've organised a game against an old hand with the Tomb Kings- figured the best way to learn is by doing. Is there anything that my Lizards should be aware of? I figured it'd be nice to know beforehand if I'm going to be slowly raped from behind.

I run a fairly standard lifelizards list, it'll be somewhere around 2-2.5k. I get that TK throw around a fair amount of Killing Blow, which may prove problematic, but are there any other tricks around that wouldn't be gleaned from a fairly swift overview of their book? In particular, is there any ability to snipe my Slann outside of Lore of Death?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
No particular ways to snipe Slann as I recall. Just watch out in case your friend decides to run a Deathstar of Tomb Guard. If the Necrotect special character is in there, soften the unit up first before you let him into combat.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Meh, there's very little that the TK can field that'll worry the TempleStar.

Saurus themselves will be pretty difficult for them to budge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tomb kings are a hard army to get right background wise. That is, if you really want your force to have a backstory (i've written 30 pages for mine, and i also do writing commissions - pm me 4 more info)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Tomb kings are a hard army to get right background wise. That is, if you really want your force to have a backstory (i've written 30 pages for mine, and i also do writing commissions - pm me 4 more info)
That's rather...irreleveant. o.o

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer, but I'm asking whether my Lizardmen should be concerned about fighting them; I don't really want to build a TK army.

Moving swiftly onwards...

Yeah, the guy has yet to but any of the new stuff; I was thinking the new sphinx constructs could be problematic since they're so tough and I've no cannons, but I doubt they'll be a problem if they aren't present. Also, we're both bringing TAC lists, so I wouldn't expect more than one anyway.

So yeah, pretty much what I thought- worry about the Tomb Guard, and that should be sweet? If he deathstars those suckers, they'll be dwellersable, and I guess Salamanders will deal some damage too. Do these guys crumble if I kill the Hierophant or whatever a la Vampires? Should I basically treat TK as a more competative Vampire Counts army?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah, kill the Hierophant the army starts to crumble. But while TK have similarities to the VC, they play differently. The VC tend focus more on the power and brute strength of their vampire units as well as zerging out their weaker undead through magic while TK are a more well rounded army with a little bit of everything.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kewl, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts