Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So amazingly enough this is actually the first unit that I have completely finished since the iron warriors warsmith I posted back in January - suffic to say I have a lot of projects on the go :victory:

Tomb Blades (1) - Copy (1500x1125).jpg
Tomb Blades (2) - Copy (1017x1500).jpg
Tomb Blades (3) - Copy (1122x1500).jpg
Tomb Blades (4) - Copy (1094x1500).jpg

So this is the first time that I have properly don OSL and I am really pleased with how they have turned out, however tomb blades have to be the most irritating models to build EVER, pretty much the entire model has to pinned unless it is for display purposes. Anyway comments and criticism welcome.
Thanks

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
The OSL looks good mate, as do the whole mini, they are one of my favourites out of the new Necron range, sorry to hear they are a pain in the ass to make. Have you considered maybe making those blades on the bottom also osl?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say blades on the bottom do you mean the fins? I probably wouldn't because there is no light source and extending others from say the particle beamers would probably be too much. The first time I used my airbrush I didn't have the needle in fully so I couldn't control the amount of paint so ad to re-do several models, so since then I have been fairly conservative with it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Excellent job!

Small suggestion. Make the barrel of the weapon glow like it's building up a charge. The weapons look a bit boring and dark.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
those are some nicely painted models you got there good job.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
This is a model you don't see enough off. A really great paint job on these. The metal looks nicely weathered and although I am not a big fan of it in general, the OSL is very effective.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
When you say blades on the bottom do you mean the fins? I probably wouldn't because there is no light source and extending others from say the particle beamers would probably be too much. The first time I used my airbrush I didn't have the needle in fully so I couldn't control the amount of paint so ad to re-do several models, so since then I have been fairly conservative with it.
I was thinking the blades themselves could be a light source.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent job!

Small suggestion. Make the barrel of the weapon glow like it's building up a charge. The weapons look a bit boring and dark.
I was thinking of doing that but I wasn't sure whether I should do a tiny bit inside the barrel or use my airbrush like I did with all the other bits, as I was worried if it would be too much, I may give it a try on my other 6 that I am doing from my mega-force.

I was thinking the blades themselves could be a light source.
I get what you mean but I think if I did something like that then I would make the blades look more crystally then glowy as I think it would probably make the bottom of the model look a bit washed out.

Thanks for all the comments guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts