Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!!

Really long time no speak. How is everyone doing?

Well guys I am back now :). While i've been gone, 6th edition has come out, i've moved back to Cheltenham, in amongst many many other small bits. Anyway, with 6th Edition now well and truly in full swing, and a visit to Games Day in September, i've decided it's time to bring my Iron Lords back out and get them ready to compete at 6th Ed.

This is the units i've been using during my 5th Edition battles. All this is lifted from my previous project log :)

Chaplain Hastur:

Assault Terminators Squad Corwin:

Techmarine Kobelco:

(Techmarine Kobelco now has a different loadout and full servo harness. New photo to follow)

Dreadnought Prelaeor:

Tactical Squads: Photos to follow

Assault Squad: Photo to follow

Predators 'Diamentor' and 'Sternacs Will':

Vindicator 'Weraxer':

I'm going to be adding new wargear to squads, fresh squad leaders, aswell as a brief raid to the FW stand at Games day has brought me some fresh goodies there too. A brief raid of Ebay has brought about good stuff too, so stay tuned, things will get moving soon :biggrin:

Thanks for reading guys!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Still as awesome looking as the last time I saw these guys, and good to see you on here too! Not that I am showig my ugly face on here to often :laugh:
But really nice owrk on the models, can't wait to see more.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys,

Okay here is a quick update!

After the visit to Games Day I came back with a few pieces from the Forgeworld stand. I've decided to re-expand the Iron Lords to a full battle company once again, and this will be the Company Captain model:

I decided to build the MkIV commander from the FW MkIV command kit, but change a few bits. First off is to change the shoulder pad, aswell as the backpack and also the head.

I preferred the Culln head to the standard head that came with the kit, I think it looks good.

Let me know if you guys have anything to comment on.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
The Heresy-era Commander and Standard Bearer are such cool models. I wish they were available individually, instead of as a package... same with the Legion Champion and Master of Signal.

The addition of the Culln head definitely is a good change-- the standard head is cool too, but Culln's head has always been one of my favorite bits for Space Marines.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts

I preferred the Culln head to the standard head that came with the kit, I think it looks good.

Let me know if you guys have anything to comment on.

Cheers
:victory: Super excited to see you back on the boards. Very excited to see your work again.
Love the head swap and Pauldron swap modle lookds fantastic.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

Okay once again it's been too long between updates. But i've not been sitting idle.

Like I mentioned, i'm involved in a Tale of Gamers with a few friends of mine, and i'm expanding some more bits and pieces into my Iron Lord army. For the first months 500pts i've included two scout squads, one led by Telion, another with a normal sergeant and a devastator squad.

Here are some snaps of the scouts. I was a little rusty as I hadn't painted in awhile, but I was pretty happy with how they got on. I wanted to go for a cityfight camo style with black armour.

Let me know what you think. They need decals but otherwise pretty much done.

Cheers guys! Next up will be some devastator models, aswell as the next 250pts of the army update. Probably involve a Razorback and a Tactical squad.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Damn Kob, that's how scouts should look! Not those pristine gimps that the Ultramurfs try to pass off. :laugh:

Can't wait to see what else's in store.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks very good, the camo on the pants is very clean and nice, really like that. The green on top of the Plasma Pistol looks a bit od though. Otherwise nice and sold paint job, good as usually. Can't wait to see more of your models, they are alwys so awesomely painted. :victory:

·
Registered
22 Posts
So when do I get to blow them to kingdom come mate? :p

Are we saying the next 250 is now given the go ahead? As im just about ready too.

Awesome scouts as I've said before btw.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the kind words about the scouts. I was really pleased with how they come out considering i've not painted in awhile again! They've given me plenty of good inspiration to keep going with the painting. Kinda fallen in love with painting again :)

So when do I get to blow them to kingdom come mate? :p

Are we saying the next 250 is now given the go ahead? As im just about ready too.

Awesome scouts as I've said before btw.
Haha, we'll get to have a good game soon enough mate! All in good time once some time comes available. I'm looking forward to some games!

Yea the next 250pts is a go! (To those not in the know, me and G8Keeper are two people involved in a Tale of Gamers between a few friends of ours) And we are planning our projects accordingly!

This weekend I hope to have the next tactical squad assembled! Stay tuned for more :music:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
*drools*

oops, sorry, pretty models distracted me...ill clean it up.

*drools*

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well looks like my desire to keep this updated regularly has once again gone out of the window :(

I should probably give you a bit of backstory; I work as a nuclear engineer and spend a bit of time away from home, be it at work or on site doing work. It's a great job and pays well, but sadly it does cut down on time to myself and as such my hobby suffers :(

But anyway, here we go, i've been able to get some free time, so here we go, this is going to be assembled now.

Ever since Death to the Skies came out i've been wanting to finally be able to put a Stormraven into my army, and now I can and i'm going to make full effect of it!

I'm still unsure of loadout though, but i'll put something together :wink:

Cheers guys, i'll get it assembled and up!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words, once again it's been a busy time since the last update, but here we are again. I have a few crude photos but it's a update none the less!

Below is the assembled photo of the Stormraven I'll be painting up. I've equipped it with the Plasma Cannons, Typhoon Launchers and Hurricane Bolters. This gunship will transport my Captain and his Sternguard / Deathwatch team.

Here is the updated Captain photo with the Deathwatch pad on his shoulder. I'll be building a Deathwatch squad to accompany him, and they will all be in there with him.

I have this week off work and I have big plans to get some painting done, so stay tuned this week, I got big plans!

Thanks guys!
Joe

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, a few sneak peak photos (Poor camera phone photos, but hopefully you get the idea)

I decided to paint the canopy, some of the lines need thinning out, but all in progress. The same can be said about some of the highlighting on the grey, but it's all a start :)

Finally here is the start of my Deathwatch / Sternguard squad:

Here is the heavy flamer marine, and looks like the Space Wolf is having a fun time with it too!

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi guys,

Okay I got myself a new phone, and the camera on it is pretty good too, so i've put on a quick update picture of the StormRaven.

Unfortunately I messed up the rockets on the nose, so i've taken it out and got some replacement parts coming in the post, so i'll paint them up and put them in when i'm done.

Let me know what you think

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.