Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to attempt to remove a bunch of hands holding knives and replace them with halberd/spear bits. Should I file the hand itself off and remake one with GS or leave the hand? I have never done this before so any tips on this sort of thing would be really helpful.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I recently did a left to right hand swap on a chaos power weapon. Keep the hand. Drill through it and drill into the shafts of the spear/halberd shaft and pin through with a piece of paperclip. It is actually surprisingly easy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah i agree the easy way to do it is to drill through the hand and feed the pole of your spear/halbard through it and glue/pin it in place.. I used the same method myself when making some power halbards for my BT army.. just take care when drilling through the hands or you will end up needing to use some GS like i did lol.. your best bet is to drill a small hole through 1st to make sure its in just the right place then use a larger drill bit to make your final hole..

Good luck with your conversions and post some pics up when ya get done..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I should like... carve the old weapon out of the hand, then put the replacement weapon in and pin it in place?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
So I should like... carve the old weapon out of the hand, then put the replacement weapon in and pin it in place?
yes, unless your looking to alter the position of the hand, but if not cut off the knife blade with clippers, file down the left over bit on the hand top and bottom, so you are left with a fist, drill a hole through the center of the fist that will fit your pin, take your halberd, decide were you want the fist to be on the shaft, cut the shaft at that point in half, file the cut end flat on both halves of the halberd and drill a hole in to each flat end( the one you cut and pin the two haves and the drilled fist together.

This conversion is i suppose is the second most common after swapping a head, it used to be really common place when i was a young chap because we didnt have the variety of bits in the plastic kits that we have now, yet the rules allowed for more wargear options(like all power weapons had different stats for example) so it was either "imagine" what the general is holding or butchering another model to convert him for WYSIWYG.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
if your gona replace a knife with a sword or spear, just cut the knife off where it joins the hand, both blade and pomal, then drill a small hole for a pin, then add new sword/spear.
so you dont need to remove the hand as such, or calve the weapon out.
if your still unsure, i see if i get some simple pics of what me and the others mean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts