Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have bought this Forge World model http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Fulgrim-p1logo-v2.jpg quite some time ago. I want to paint it in pink to be coherent with the rest of my Emperor's Children Army.

I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to give me some tips on how to paint this great looking model. I especially would like some advice on how to paint the white hair. I'm not sure which washes (if any) to use with white, but any tips, not only on hair are welcome. :)
Just keep in mind that I've been painting only for two years and I still suck at it, so no exceedingly difficult techniques please.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I paint a 4:1 mix of white:codex grey (Or whatever the "standard" grey is) as the darkest colour for white. I'd probably just use this and then, if it's hair, drybrush white and then a final extreme highlight of white on the tips/extreme edges.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What I do is Ulthuan grey all over the white area, and then shade the recesses with Adiminstratum grey, and possibly dawnstone for the deepest parts, and then highlight with white and that give a nice white that doesn't look dirty but still has some highlight range on it (cus obviously if you just painy whit you can't highlight lighter than that)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts