Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have at last caught the bug of 40K in the form of Nids. After a couple of false starts with Orks and Space Wolves I have found what I was looking for.

This has pleased Vash no end, but he has also read the new codex and he didn't like what he saw :laugh:

He had hidden away a large number of models that were in need of a bit on Tinks attention and as soon as I saw them I so excited I couldnt wait to get started.

Vash has kindly given me the following:

13 x Termigaunt
20 x Spinegaunt (made up this way from previous codex)
2 x Biovore
24 Hormagaunt
3 x Carniflex
9 x Warrior
21 x Genestealer
8 x Ripper swarm

As for colour scheme I have decided to stay away from the colours I have used on my HE. So its bony cream for the bodies, (same as Vash TK) the Chitin plates are vermin brown brought up to blazing orange.

I chose the name Yacumama which is a female South American sea monster 50 paces long which is said to suck up any living creature within 100 paces. This I thought would be quiet fitting for a Hive Fleet.

I started with spinegaunts as Vash had already done the prep work, and I really dont like prep work :mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like the colour scheme, and I love the mottled look that some of the claws/hooves have.

Interesting name. Did you alreayd know about the monster, or did you do a bit of reserachinto mythical beasties? I think if I started a 'nid army, I would be tempted to call it something daft like "Hive Fleet Loch ness Monster" (painted tartan, of course) or "Hive Fleet Kielder Rabbit" (hmm... red and yellow?)... but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Looking very good, the only thing is that you've missed the fifth plate on his head. Other than that it looks good.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looking good so far Tink! I hade a bunch of spine guants left over from the last edition as well, but I took the plunge and broke all the arms off and replaced them with Devs, just a better option all around even if the spine guants look better. Keep up the good work! I love watching new Hive Fleets crop up!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Looking forward to seeing these finished!

I think the orange + bone is really working, and this gaunt is gonna look great once all the little details are picked out!

Cheers,
Kreuger

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I really like your color scheme Tink! The carapace is really nicely done! Keep up the good work.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I agree with Midge the carapace is lookin' excellent. The orange and bone is really striking with the highlighting and shading done.

I feel like it could use another color . . . maybe a faint fleshy color washed over the recessed areas with the striations. Something that shows off a little of the exposed Tyranid insides that peek through.

A unit of these little fellows will definitely look smart on the table!

Cheers,
Kreuger

1 - 20 of 53 Posts