Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Tinkerbell learns to paint.(Highelves.)

13K views 111 replies 48 participants last post by  Hammer49 
#1 ·
After having Viscount Vash painting in the corner of my front room for a little while now, i could see that there was a good chance that i would become a Warhammer Widow.:no:

To avoid this i went for the 'If you can't beat them join them' approch.:grin:

So off i went to GW with him, and after having a peruse, i decided on High Elves, as they didnt look so grim. The Lion Drawn Charriot caught my eye. A chap in the shop was currently working on a High Elf army, and suggested that i went for something a little smaller and do I brought a High Elf Archmage and Mage character pack.

I am not playing yet, just picking what i like to paint.... here is a look at what ive done so far....

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for the kind words, they are very much appreciated.

Yes this is my first attempt at painting.. apparently im a quick painter according to Vash..but he is so slow im surpised he ever gets anything finished lol...But he has been giving me advice on the highlighting areas and blending.

Ive been out today and brought the High Elf Warriors Regiment, and a fine detail paint brush, as Vash is rather protective over his. I will add pics of these to my WIP thread soon.

#6 ·
Those are not dogs they are Chaos Hounds! lol.

Tink is making rapid progress and i have noticed improvments as she painted this mini. ( ah she makes a man proud.) So it would not surprise me if she did give me a run for my money on painting in a while Damned Fist.

She has been a pleasure to teach ( No i wouldn't just say that its a genuine comment.) and seems to enjoy painting.

Now to get her playing. Muhahahahaaha!

#8 ·
Looks like Vash has dragged another innocent bystander into the hobby :wink:

Really impressed with this first mini, heck it took me years to get thing like that. Only becoming slower and slower since then, though my technique and detailings has improved a bit.

So welcome to the hobby, hope you'll have a blast!

#9 ·
For a first mini, that is damn fine work. I will look forward to watching your skills improve.

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the words of encouragment guys.

Ive nearly finished the Archmage, just the base to do, so last night i made a started on the Mages Steed. I thought i would have a go at doing a grey dappled horse.

I will post a pic of the finished Archmage later today when ive finished painting the base up.

#12 ·
Nice work on the horse too - I always think 'natural' things like animals are the hardest to paint effectively. I mean, who in the end can say an Elven wizard or a goblin archer is 'wrong'? But a horse or a wolf is supposed to look like a horse or a wolf... and your horse does (unlike any of my wolves)...

#13 ·
Well i have finished the High Elf Archmage so here he is.:biggrin:

I have nearly finished the Steed for the Mage as well, just the feathers, hooves gems nose and eyes to do then on to the rider.

After that it is the box of Elven Warriors to assemble before Vash nicks anymore bits out of it for his Chaos Marines.:ireful2:

#14 ·
Very nice work! You are going to be a champion painter in short order as your skills will only get better. I know people who have been playing and painting for years who can't paint that well.

#18 ·
Spearmen.

Well I have been Painting my first unit of Highelves.

I have also changed the colour scheme for the army ( just in time to hear that Scaly Green is to be discontinued.:ireful2:).

I am using Scaly Green highlighted with Hawk Turquoise, gems have been changed to red to contrast the greens.

This is the rear (3rd) rank of the unit.

Discord in the Ranks
Two spearmen squabble in the rear rank.

The Sheilds are not glued on yet so can be adjusted in this rank and i am about halfway through the next rank.

There is plenty to follow as i have now (much to Vash's surprise) bought the £50 army box.

#19 ·
Damn you woman how dare you paint that much faster than me!

Seriously Tink, seeing as these are only the 3rd to 7th minis you have painted this is brilliant work, with the naked eye it is very easy to see the improvement in your painting since the first two Mages you.

I have a horrible feeling that soon i will be the second best painter in the house.
Oh well at least you have not started converting them yet, so i have a chance of being best at somthing.:so_happy:

Vash

#20 · (Edited)
Day-am. The paint jobs on those models are awesome. I'm pretty much speachless at this point.

...Now if only I could find a girlfriend whose has even half your painting skill, my life will be almost perfect. T_T

#21 ·
I have a horrible feeling that soon i will be the second best painter in the house.
And I have the feeling you are right lol. Excellent work Tink.

#23 ·
Very well done. I dunno what im more impressed by, the fact that your painting is so good so early on, or the fact that you would allow Vash into your house! lol

Seriously though, they are very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.