Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
Now, I really like Red Corsairs intro to warmahordes, it's a good, quick and basic intro, but I'm starting to feel we need a little more of an introduction to the game, and it's factions/rules, especially for those who are coming over from Fantasy/40k, and trying to figure out how the game works and plays.

We're starting to get a few more people posting about Warmahordes around here, and as a game, it seems to be gaining quite a lot of popularity around the place, so it might be time to update the intro thread, especially as a whole new edition has come around since the thread was created.

So, with that in mind, this thread is about seeing what people think should be in starter thread/s, how we should set it out, and so on. Just a basic brain storm about anything you might want to see in there, and for people to volunteer to help out with it.

What I think we need -

Something like that? I think we could fit all that in a single thread, or we could break it up into 2-3 threads, like:
1) "Introduction to Warmachine/Hordes"
2) "Introduction to the Factions"
3) "Switching from Warhammer to Warmachine".

Personally, considering this is mostly a Warhammer Forum, having a good run down on switching from one system to WM/H would be a good idea.

Anyway, this is just to get an idea of what people think should be in a new intro thread, so tell me:

What else should be in the thread?
What shouldn't be in there?
How should it be organised?
Can you help Write some of it?
I play Warmachine/Hordes, 40K, and Fantasy. I play each system in a rotation to avoid stale gaming and codex waiting. I play a system for about 8-10 weeks and then I take 2-4 weeks off from tale top gaming entirely. I just finished 8 weeks of Fantasy and will be playing Warmachine/Hordes until December. During this time frame I promise to help with Tatica's , Battle Reports, and Painting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.