Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you may remember the tank destroyer from about a year ago, except now its painted (finally)

and a little less old, a rhine pattern scout car

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Awesome, I love the detail work. It is always nice to see a little bit of our past on the tabletop. Did you put an imperium icon on the main gun?

Edit: Oh crap, there is imperial icons all over th mechines. Nice counts as IG units.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
cool idea, but to see a vehicle with just a bunch of Imperial icons all over it... doesn't do much for me. The scout car looks cool and is a sweet conversion... not in love with the Jagdtiger by anymeans

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
cool idea, but to see a vehicle with just a bunch of Imperial icons all over it... doesn't do much for me. The scout car looks cool and is a sweet conversion... not in love with the Jagdtiger by anymeans

Same here.

Don't get me wrong I love the paint job you've done and the idea is sound; but I think you need to do some more conversion to bring it to the 40k verse.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same here.

Don't get me wrong I love the paint job you've done and the idea is sound; but I think you need to do some more conversion to bring it to the 40k verse.
the only thing then would be MOAR RIVETS!!, which I refuse to do, I despise the whole rivetfest that is in 40k, and the whole extremely unrealistic look of 40k tanks as a whole, for MY armanians these suit them perfectly.

plus nobody has actually given any advice to make them more 40k, so not much I can do there.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I don't see why they need '40k-ing' up, the IG troopers make them 40K by default. With guard spread so plentifully around the universe you'd expect to see some diversity in their vehicles.

I really like them both, especially the scout car. Not too keen on the purity seals though, they pop out a little bit too much. May look better with a darker wash or some script on them.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I like them.
I'm with you in regards to the rivetfest on 40k vehicles.
One of the reasons I purposely make the rivets on any of my conversions larger and more ludicrous looking.

to 40k-ify a tank, you remove all suspension and ground clearance and fit the biggest gun you can into a turret that can't fit it and forget minor details like crew space.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the only thing then would be MOAR RIVETS!!, which I refuse to do, I despise the whole rivetfest that is in 40k, and the whole extremely unrealistic look of 40k tanks as a whole, for MY armanians these suit them perfectly.

plus nobody has actually given any advice to make them more 40k, so not much I can do there.
Personaly I would change up the barrel with a big ass flash surpresser thingys they all seem to have Change the exhausts (as in put some more on) all 40k tanks seem to have a ton load of 'um. Some more viewing ports for thos on the inside and maby some kind of shrine/logo for the mechanicus as I bet they would have put there stamp on some thing that big.

Hope this helps. If not it still is a dam good looking tank :)

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
just by adding guard guys to a tank doesn't make it a guard tank. You have to understand that this is a sci fi game man... now I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it, but I am saying that taking an already established REAL tank in our world and using it in a game and saying it's 40 thousand years in the future is a little silly. To guard it up, well... I'd say adding some more sensors and improving the Comms on this would be a start. All you've done is add some guard, a missle launcher and icons to a historical vehicle. Take some lights from a LR kit, or a Dreadnaught. Throw some more Lasguns on it, some more stowage... Try to make it a little less like a vehicle from 1944 and one from 1944.M41 I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
365 Posts
The real question is, how does it look alongside the rest of your army? If it's regular IG, this thing is going to stick out like dogs' nuts. If your other tanks also have WWII visual cues then I think it's fine.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the basic tanks are leman russ and chimera hulls, but they need to be as thats the only way I can play with them, so I have 0 choice, but considering guard vehicles look more barbaric than a rock mounted on a stick, they do fit in, hell if anything they look more advanced since imperial vehicle design was done by morons.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
the basic tanks are leman russ and chimera hulls, but they need to be as thats the only way I can play with them, so I have 0 choice, but considering guard vehicles look more barbaric than a rock mounted on a stick, they do fit in, hell if anything they look more advanced since imperial vehicle design was done by morons.
Or WW1 tank manufacturers.... So yeah, idiots, kind of.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey Stella great work on the IG super heavy, paintjob is good and i like all the little bits of 40K detailing youve put on it, i think it represents a rare or lost STC pattern so it looks fine and the scout car looks really nice, i like the paintjob alot.
keep up the great work mate!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts