Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wahoo! Just stumbled on this, hot off the heels of the of the Ghost/Phantom preview (part one and part two of that if you're interested, Kanan is a pretty darn sweet Crew card) is this article announcing an Imperial Veterans pack that will include a TIE Bomber and TIE Defender. The best part about this so far? Check it out:

Score some points for the Defender! Loving these tweaks. If you squint real close you can also make out the TIE Bomber Title card, whose text seems to elude to getting a TIE/1x like deal but for Crew provided certain criteria for other upgrades are met.

Then there's this gem of a card, which could really help economize some actions for ships that want to do something other than Target Lock once they get within range.

All in all I'm pretty damn stoked for the amount of goodies coming our way. Plus this looks like we'll be seeing a Rebel and Scum equivalent set since FFG has been pretty on top of keeping things equal (Scum aside, though they're catching up steadily).

EDIT: Got my squint on. TIE Bomber Shuttle reads

Your upgrade bar loses the Torpedo, Missile, and Bomb upgrade icons and gains 2 Crew upgrade icons. You cannot equip a Crew upgrade card that costs more than 4 squad points.
Go FFG for taking good pictures of their stuff for promotion! :drinks:

HA! Also it looks like Tractor Beams reduce target ships abilities by 1 to a minimum of 0 and the tokens discard at the End phase.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Beat me to it :good:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I want a Rebel one that has a Y-Wing + Friend (Z-95), maybe some X-Wing cards/pilots in it too...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.
There will inevitably be a Rebel one, and hopefully there's a fix in it for the T70 X-Wings. Considering the game is named after them, they must be the most unpopular ship in the system. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Wedge and Biggs, but the standard low PS X wings just aren't viable IMO.

·
8,723 Posts
Finally, a way to get three defenders with engine upgrades into a list. All those white K turns giving you an evade token. Nice.
That just gave me a HobbyOn...... :shok:

I want a Rebel one that has a Y-Wing + Friend (Z-95), maybe some X-Wing cards/pilots in it too...because god forbid we add more X-Wings to the game.
Y-Wing and a Z-95. Yes please. Couple of veteran pilots for each and maybe a new named pilot each. Some kind of title / ship-specific upgrade for the X-Wing as well. I'd kill for a proper Rogue Squadron pilot card......

There will inevitably be a Rebel one, and hopefully there's a fix in it for the T65 X-Wings. Considering the game is named after them, they must be the most unpopular ship in the system. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Wedge and Biggs, but the standard low PS X wings just aren't viable IMO.
Fixed that for you :laugh: Just being a pedantic wanker. :laugh:
But no, I completely agree with that. Apart from one of our 'squadron' who plays the HoY list exceptionally well, I've not seen X-Wings in combat for an unhealthy amount of time :(

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Z-95 needs something other than a 12 point pilot for me to want to take it for sure, specially considering Green Squadron pilots with the Chardaan Refit.

hopefully there's a fix in it for the T70 X-Wings
hahaha, yup. As Tawa mentioned, ain't nothing wrong with the T-70. Poe was in both of the finalist lists at the recent world tournament. Just out of curiosity, are you guys familiar with Targeting Astromech (get a Target Lock after a red maneuver) and Integrated Astromech (X-Wing only, scrub your Astromech instead of taking a damage). Those two things can help give the game's namesake a bit more staying power, but yeah.

I'd kill for a proper Rogue Squadron pilot card......
You get Rogue Squadron Veteran in the T-70 pack :laugh:

·
8,723 Posts
Nope, you get the Red & Blue generics, a "Red Ace" and "Ello Asty".

There's still no actual "Rogue" fighters in the game :wink:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I wouldn't mind a Rogue squadron title to be for X-Wings and Y-Wings.

Not sure what they would do - maybe a 0 point title that says "discard this card to negate the first critical effect - it only counts as a hit."

·
8,723 Posts
There's loads of Rogue Squadron pilots out there. Wedge, Ibtisam, Corran Horn, Tycho Celchu, Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivan, even Soontir Fell, all Rogue pilots.
Pilots yes, ships no. :)

^ knocked it out of the park. I think @Tawa's pining for a Rogue Squadron title of some kind for the T-65 though.
Pretty much this really is what I'm banging the drum for :good:

Eeee by 'eck! Star Wars has got reeet northern lad!
'kin 'ell! :shok: It's those fookin beasty boys again, Mavis!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts