Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a maximum of 330pts to spend on a Reclus/Chap and Death Co combo, which will be going in a Stormraven.

Initial thoughts where a Reclus, 8 Death Co with 2 PW and 1 Hand Flamer

Then I thought I could drop upgrades and take 2 more Death Co

Then I thought I could drop to a Chap

Then I was truly confused.

Any sage advice?

P.s likely playing Dark Elder or Tau so probably mainly 4+ armor or rear armour on vehicles

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
If you have an alternate HQ I would take a chappie rather than a reclusiarch. Anyway. With 330 I'd go with

Chappie - 100

8x Death Company (2x PA, 2x PS, HF) - 230

OR

Chappie - 100

10x Death Company (1x PA, 1x PS) - 230

Or depending on meta, you may want two swords or two axes. It's really dependent on how much much MEQ you face vs TEQ and hordes (MEQ take swords TEQ axes hordes more bodies).

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Just to give you an alternate opinion to JAMOB's there, I love the Reclusiarch and frequently use him as my HQ over the Chaplain as an Elite to buff my DC. In a unit of 10 DC I also don't really need to see any power weapons, you literally have (assuming you take BP/CCW) 50 attacks on the charge that re-roll to hit and wound and in subsequent rounds or without the charge you still pump out 30 attacks standard. That is more than enough to drown out a likely smaller size squad of 2+ or 3+ armour saves, and against anything 4+ or worse power weapons are overkill anyway. All of that being said I have come to strongly dislike putting my DC into a SR. If you opponent has any decent anti air, it is likely going down with them inside...which sucks. Huge. I have basically stopped using them if I can't put them into a LRC in the list. Personal grievance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys:

- This is just a tweak to my Meph list so I can take Chap (often just take Reclus as sole HQ in small games)

- I think I might go Chap, 10 DC and some hand flamers (either here or give second to assault sarg's) as I have also found as long as they don't get a tau pie plate on them they don't need upgrades that much and your swap 1W/1A for 1W/3-4A with the extra model plus 10 points spare

- may not be uber competitive as reducing attack bikes and priests and I agree in a stormraven they are a bit a risk, but 300ish isn't crazy and nothing else rides in it

- also could put in DP but that's another 35 points and would give me 2 in the list (poor number) as I already have one for the F Dread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts