Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending 2 hours looking around the internet for suitable thunderwolves I've come up with nothing close enough to my incredibly high standards or cheap enough for me to ditch my standards, so here I am. What are all you're amazing looking solutions, ignoring the High elf lions, dire wolves, wargs (in fact how about we just ignore anything GW altogether), Privateer press, and the ones that were reviewed on the blog recently. So, what have you got?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for wolves specifically, and Wombat I mentioned those in my list of one's i'd looked at (they were reviewed on the blog about a week ago). There decent, and of the one's out there they're definitely the best option, but for $100 I'd like something that looks great, not just decent.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You playing Poorhammer too?

What I've gone for is magnetising Vampire Counts Dire wolves with Green stuff and mounting them on the Aegis defence line suitably cut up and battle damaged to make them the same height as a Dread. I have pics if it's any good to you.

I got 2 boxes of Wolves and a single Aegis box but the most hassle I had was getting the 60mm round bases to mount them. At least when I magnetised them I was able to remove a wolf and put a character onto the base and use it as a TWC Lord/WGBL.

That's not going to cost the world either.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
may not like the game, but try a search on ebay for Heroclix Fenris Wolf, or something similar.

they're OK looking, needs a bit of modification, but they're cheap in comparison. i got mine for $10 each.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not impressed but for lack of anything better they're a possibility. How big are they?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Well actually all you said was 'the blog'. Honestly I had no idea which blog you were talking about.

EDIT: 600th post!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Bloodcrusher with fur greenstuffed onto it, with the plastic ones coming soon that'd be a very cheap option. Nose might not look very wolfy but a simple enough greenstuff job on that and you have a cyber wolf

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would say that if you dont like the Mr. Dandy ones (which are the ones I intend to use) then just mix and match various wolves from the Circle faction of Hordes. Probably be more expensive but they have some really nice looking wolf models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts