Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I noticed a while ago, someone said the Thunderfire had poor armor value, so I looked in my codex to see what it was.

Codex Space Marines doesn't give a statline at all for the Thunderfire Cannon on page 73 (the fluff/rules page), 142 (the army list entry) or 144 (the statistics summary page).

Where can I find this information???

Also, the codex says you're allotted one squad of Servitors per Techmarine in your army. Does this mean you can field a squad of servitors, and a thunderfire cannon under one Heavy Support slot? Since the Thunderfire rules entry does detail that there is a Techmarine manning the gun.

I also noticed a discrepency in the rules page and the army list page. The Army list page doesn't say Independent Character, but does list Blessing of the Omnissiah for special rules the unit has, but the Rules page says that the Techpriest gets both only after the Tfire Cannon's been blowed up. Does this mean the Techmarine don't get to repair his gun while he's gunning it? (If it's weapon-destroyed result, is the Techpriest unable to repair it? Supposing the immobilized result or the vehicle destroyed result isn't also rolled?)

Also, if you can take a squad of servitors when you take a Thunderfire, can they stand by the Techmarine and lend their fire without having to roll for mindlock? Or do they still need to wait for the techmarine to leave the broken tfire cannon behind to get his attention.

I'd guess that the Tfire requires too much of the techmarine's attention for him to designate targets for the servitors, or give directions, but for the sake of determining whether he can have reliable heavy-bolter/multimelta or plasma fire from the servitors while also pounding out four Tfire shells a turn or not, I just figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I didn't even know people used thunderfire cannons are they even lethal?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I have one, and I have always asked myself the same question.... But does anyone know if it is stated in the small rulebook?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The Cannons stats are under the Artilary section in the Big book(the page with a zap cannon and grots on it)
The Tech marine tho technacally is one he can't take servitors for 1 reason....he's not the right unit type. Servitos are infantry. Thunderfire cannons are Aretilary so they can't join the unit

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
The Cannons stats are under the Artilary section in the Big book(the page with a zap cannon and grots on it)
The Tech marine tho technacally is one he can't take servitors for 1 reason....he's not the right unit type. Servitos are infantry. Thunderfire cannons are Aretilary so they can't join the unit
The Servitors don't *join* the techmarine. They are a seperatem auxillary unit. I'm not sure as to whether he can or not, I'm fairly sure it's been discussed before.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
as far as i can see it says that you can take a unit of Servitors if you take a Techmarine or Master of the Forge, not a Thundrfire cannon. Tho it's controlled by a Techmarine it's still called a Thunderfire cannon under it's unit name and for that reason i don't think it counts.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Baron Spikey for the page numbers. Now to see where I put that BBB... Although, it does irk me a bit I didn't think to find that book sooner... I still think GW should have put an errata note in stating where the info is.

Oh well.

And as to whether they can be lethal, sure, anything can be lethal. It's not about whether you're using a scalpel or a chainsaw, it's about whether you're cutting off a finger the jugular. Though, in this regard, sometimes the Tfire is better for depedicating the enemy than decapitating. Subterranean blast, anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts