Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the +rep and comments.

@SoH - I'll be pouring some clear resin that is tinted a blue-green in the water areas. It gives it a nice 3D effect and I'll also agitate it as it is about to set, enhancing the illusion of moving water.

I was also asked about how many hours I thought I put into the Warehouse. I built that over the course of 2 months and I probably have around 60+ hours into it, not including dry times.

I'm not a fast builder as I'm normally watching TV at the same time and get distracted, so hours can tick up pretty quickly.

The current build probably has a solid 10 - 12 hours into it and will probably get another 8 to finish it.

That being said ... I could never make any money at this :laugh:

Glad people are enjoying the thread.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This is insane. I tip my hat to you, sir, as this is without a doubt the best home-made terrain I have ever seen.

I see you have made a bridge and now this river portion, why not a dock with a boat?
By the way was the sunken boat made out of cereal card? It really looks like a model ship.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
This is insane. I tip my hat to you, sir, as this is without a doubt the best home-made terrain I have ever seen.

I see you have made a bridge and now this river portion, why not a dock with a boat?
By the way was the sunken boat made out of cereal card? It really looks like a model ship.
Thanks ... and I appreciate the +rep

Indeed the sunken boat is made out of cereal card. A very forgiving material (read "if you screw it up, cut another piece ... it's basically free").

41 - 44 of 44 Posts