Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An extract from the new Night Lords audio-book Throne of Lies, featuring a conversation between Talos and a captured Callidus Assassin. Talos is... bloody AWESOME!. His voice is deep and fearsome yet calm and commanding, this will be my first audio-book that I have ever bought and it sounds like im going to enjoy it as much as Soul Hunter, and it will be a nice new addition to my collection.. and it may just be able to tide me over until Blood Reaver.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/coming-soon/Throne-of-Lies.html

'So be it... excruciate her.' Damn excellent line.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The expulsion of fanboyistic glee comes as no surprise, but im intruiged as to who this Callidus Assassin, is specifically. A flashback, or reverie by one of the Night Lord`s of M`shen?

Upon listening to the extract, then I`m certainly impressed by the opening introduction; the choice of language is suitable for what it strives to achieve, and deserves ample credit for such. Again - alongside Raven`s Flight - , and I`m not particularly keen on the voice-acting. The distraught nature of the Callidus just... warred with her altruistic and cold emotions far to often, and I`m a little surprised that we have yet another Callidus in as many ''works'', especially with the release of Nemesis soon? But overall its rather good :)

Indeed I can`t wait until Blood Reaver: the typically rocky allegiance with the Red Corsairs I hope is depicted as solidly as that of the Black Legion, and with the expansive history of the Legion/Company already rivited to our brains in Soul Hunter, dare I say I`m hoping for some substantial action....

Good find. I wouldn`t have on my own :)

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
All I can say is thank God that Talos has a suitable voice actor! Some of the preceeding Audio-Books have had voice actors which simply don't suit the characters at all (Rogal Dorn in The Lightning Tower for example). But ramblings aside, I am looking forward to this one. Both Throne of Lies and The Core should sate us fans enough until May '11 when Blood Reaver graces us with its presence. :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to hear Cyrion and Uzas's voice actors. Cyrion's voice is described 'like thunder crashing against itself', so it'll be awesomely deep. And Uzas.. no idea what he sounds like but im sure it'll be sweet!.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I don't like it. The voice is far too deep for my liking tbh, like someone has tried too hard to try and get it to be mega-awesome, and simply failed. That alone is a major put off, luckily im not a fan of audio books then :p

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
(I didn't think this warranted its own thread so i'll pick this one up!)

Right well now Throne of Lies has been out for a fair while i'll throw out some thoughts and questions (suprised no review or thread has surfaced regarding it at all upto now).

Firstly why on earth was it called Throne of Lies? Obviously its referring to the Golden Throne/Emperor as a liar/betrayer/hypocrite etc. But what relevance does that directly have to the plot?

Just some thoughts I had rattling around and wanted to share. :p

·
Registered
929 Posts
im about to put the CD on my iphone tonight. then ill have a listen and review it myself.
sounds like (from you guys) its a good audio book... as far as audio books go!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not gotten this yet, do not ask why. But as soon as I have some money its the first thing im ordering. So I can't comment on it, yet. Once ive listened to it ill be reviewing it, my first audio-book review.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts