Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
very often you may see discussions about different paintig schemes for figures. People's tastes differ so we want to present three various schemes of Tau Riptide model. In every title there are links to galleries with more photos:

The first one

The second one

and the last one

How do you like them? Which one is your favourite?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The first two while painted very well I think are just different variation on what i have seen from many others from browsing the interwebs. There is nothing on them that drives me to think that they are better than any of the others. they seem much too cookie cutter with no individuality. If you were to line up the army that these first two would lead i see a group of spotless vehicles and troops in armour and everything prim and proper.

The last one however. While you can argue the same thing about the last one with its crisp paint-job there is one thing that makes this model stand out as an individual and you'd get the sense that each model in this army would not look very similar at all and its that individuality that makes this stand out. I look at this model and i see a riptide that has seen some shit. its been through the forges of battle and survived and continues to do so. and i would expect the accompanying army to look the same. Tired and weary and worn down but not beaten. If your trying to find a direction to go in Im begging you please go with this last one.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
i watched a few of your tutorials last night on you tube, i found them quite interesting, i couldnt find anything about how to prepare the paint for air brushing, you were using standard citadel paints and i think people here would love to know how to get the stuff from the pot on to the model via an airbrush as people struggle with it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts