Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi now i love my thousand sons but i can never seem to use them to good effect has any one got any input as any and all advice would be welcome

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Well, This is pretty vague... Thousand sons are terrible in close combat so the largest thing is if you are going to commit them to shooting something you need to make sure it falls over as well as make sure they are protected from the counter attack. Never divide your fire power always make sure the first squad they shoot is dead before moving to the next. Use things like rhino walls to block firing lanes. just little tactics like that really help make the tsons excel.

Hope that sheds some light.

Chaosftw

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Choose your targeting well; Don't try and take out a Land Raider with TSons, when you could shoot some Terminators (As an example). If you choose your priorities well, they'll shoot, kill, move on - And it can be devastating.

TSons are pretty sweet units, if you can play them right; Same with all the cults!

·
Registered
106 Posts
They are gunline infantry, so as the word suggests, you should really use thir guns. Tsons are good at taking down medium armour infantry and other marines, since their strongest quality is their bolters AP value. So use it wisely.

It might always be good to keep some CQC minded things around, they can from time to time scare Enemies from losing, og they an charge enemies you nearly have killed off.

Ohh And get some Defilers... Just saying... I love the battle cannon... hard >_>

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
There are a few gun-line lists available to you in the first few pages of the Army lists sub-forum for Chaos. Might be worth taking a look?

Good Warring :wild:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts