Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reluctant to try it, but I will be testing out a Tzeentch army and I was wondering if the Thousand Sons are metal or are they plastic? It doesn't say on GW.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Wasn't there one of these already? I believe there was. You should probably try and search the site before you post. Anyway, they are a hybrid.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
And how hard is it just to give the poor guy an answer? Sheesh.

The heads are metal. Legs are standard plastic CSM. Some of the arms are metal. The best looking torsos have a metal front and a "standard" CSM plastic back. The powerpacks are plastic. The Sorceror is entirely metal.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
How hard is it to read? If you notice I did give him an answer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gen.ahab just chill, but thx for your vague answer :p. Thx Deneris for a breakdown of the product. I wish they would just make them full metal if anything. much easier to work with all metal instead of a mix.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
You are welcome.:biggrin:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
There are metal tabards in the kit along with the fancy T-Sons bolters.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I have always loved the modals and my Chaos Lord that i made has one of there heads....along with Daemon weapon!!!!:wink:

I will be using them for my first time soon too so i will let you know how they do. Personaly i feel putting them into a Rhino and drundle them along shooting at stuff. Only bail them if you have too

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well i think i used a Thousand sons head, a TS frount torso(it's metal and has a loin cloth), a Khrone chainaxe and a powerfist. I would show him but he's porly painted and i'm just started painting my Chaos a new colour af the Bleak Brotherhood.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I would appreciate seeing the model. I will not judge on the painting b/c for one you didn't ask for comments/replies on the paint job and the Chaos gods know I am no Vincent Van Gogh. and what is up with GW only putting 9 Sons in a box? It might just be me, but I would think it would be better for everyone.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Fluff-wise Thousand sons are in box of 9 because 9 is the sacred number of tzeentch. Real wise they are in squads of 9 because you get 2 plastic sprues of 4 legs and torsos each and the metal pieces to make the sorcerer. Its a shame they are not updated with the new and far better CSM sprue

Back when they were first released if you took a squad of 9 you got the sorcerer for free, ahh the good ol' days.

Plus in order to add more they would have to take the squad to 13 because how the legs are distributed on the sprue

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Barnster got it bang on. But I would reccommend patience when putting them together, because they can be fucking annoying. Also, the metal torsos are slightly smaller than the plastic ones, and are about half a mill out each side, so, possibly greenstuffing them to the same level is useful. They are awesome models though.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
My problem with CSM sorcerors in general is paying for the powers. If we got doombolt or bolt of change free and have to spend points on others it would be better value, but its so expensive to get a half decent power and keep the points down across so many squads.

I personally believe your average rubric is worth his high price cost, relentless ap3 4+ invun yes please. Its the 80 point sorceror thats irksome

Irrelevant to the topic yet i fancied a rant
Also irrelevant
A good friend of mine uses dark angels vets for his thousand sons, the robes look amazing with a few thousand sons heads

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well to give you and idea od my 1500pts Tzeentch army i have Arhiman, 2 9 man squads of Thousand sons with bolt of change, 9 Terminators(all with combi-meltas) and 2 Vindicators. thats all. Very shooty but dame it's not very many men....but nice a fluffy!!!!

P.S. I'll upload a picture of my Lord soon for you ChaosSpaceMarineGuy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
@ barnster- I wish the Sorceror was free. :(

@ deathbringer- Yeah, I actually thought about using some DA legs & torsos for Thousand Sons, since I do have some I haven't touched in a while. I was going to use them for DA, but I will probably just wait until they update DA Codex first (hopefully).

@ jaws900- Thanks for the rundown of what you use. I tried a 2000 Tzeentch fluff army last night. I fought against WH and even though Thousand Sons do not have any frag or krak grenades, CCW, also along with the Sorceror being expensive and being slow and purposeful, and only 1 atk I do like using them.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Nice idea with the da marines. I want more tsons. I have 18 at the moment but i want at least another squad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts