Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys this is my first look at an allied army of any kind so just looking for a little feedback. I haven't brought any chaos daemons mini's yet so this is just to see if i'd be on the right track. although my primary detachment is Thousand Sons I thought i'd post it in here as it is more so the Daemons side that i'm looking for input.

cheers well here goes

Primary Detachment

HQ 170
Sorcerer lvl 3
SoC
MoT
Spell Familiar
melta bombs

Troops 494
Thousand Sons x8
+ an Aspiring Sorcerer w Melta Bombs
Thousand Sons x8
+ an Aspiring Sorcerer w Melta Bombs

Heavy Support 315
Predator
w Las sponsons
ForgeFiend
w Plasma Cannon

Allied Detachment

HQ 200
Herald of Tzeentch lvl 3
Burning Chariot
Exalted Reward
Exalted Locus of Conjuration

Troops 318
Pink Horrors x 16
(15 + an Iridescent Horror)
Pink Horrors x 16
(15 + an Iridescent Horror)

Total Points 1497

let me know what you guys think i'm just not 100%on the daemons side. pretty much settled on the Thousand Sons side as this have proven itself at 1000 points.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thousand sons list seems alright, I'm not a huge fan of massive tanks so I tend to go for obliterators though.

The Herald in the deamon list is too fragile on a chariot, it's too easy to kill it. You'd be much better hiding him in a horror unit with the loci, it would up all the pink horrors shooting attacks to S6, as well as prescience from divination. Hide these behind an ADL and you get a solid save, as well as a re-rerollable 2+ cover if you go to ground!

·
Registered
172 Posts
As mentioned the Herald would be better on foot with the horrors.if you loose the predator,chariot, and second horrors unit you could grab a pair of rhino and a heldrake maybe a bastion aswell. Giving you a wizards list with a tower and a dragon. Fluffy much?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
argh yes that does sounds cool. just so happens that i have just gotten a heldrake to. and i could borrow my friends bastion. i think i might just have to do that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd be so tempted to make that herald a Lord of Change. You'll have to make some space elsewhere but it gives you so many options, like effective skyfire and all of the benefits of a FMC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts