Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I very much like your model and painting work as well as your theme for this warband. I too enjoyed the book and the unabridged audio book of A Thousand Sons, and its from the book that I really need to ask you if you will include other fellowships in your warband?
Go reread the 15th legions exploits on the world of Shrike in the Arc Reach cluster. I think the other cults can greatly enhance what your trying to do.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hey Stuff,

Coteaz looks fantastic mate, steller work there. +Rep Sir

The Prince however looks great so far, just that his feet seem to end to abruptly. What I mean is, the (chicken) skin to human skin doesnt meld at all together. It just stops and the other begins.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Some awesome work here sir, you need some rep me thinks

·
Registered
241 Posts
stuff,

That DP looks boss. Love the pink tone, it's a gutsy choice but definitely coming along nicely dude. Like Midge913 said, it's a WIP so I'll leave the feedback till it's done. Suggestion: since you've got a good handle on edge-highlights and blending, really work up that pink to pure white, it'll give off that glowing effect on the DP's skin. I would give it a few watered down Leviathan Purple washes instead of the red shades... I think the purple will compliment the pink nicely.

For the wings, I would just choose anything that's vibrant and bright..... a multi-colored tone would be cool (as you said, turquoise, orange, yellow, purple, red...... etc). You're definitely on the right track w/ the painting. The model deserves it given the sick work you did on the conversion.

I read the Thousand Sons as well, and I agree that the Pyrae are bad-asses... glad you choose to theme your army around them....

Rep man.... keep it up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thank you all again for the comments! It's been a while, I've been away etc and have had very little time to enjoy the hobby unfortunately. But as I only have a couple weeks until my armies on parade entry needs to be finished I'm getting back into the swing of things!

I am definitely going to tone down the pink of the daemon prince and I'm also going to get a box horrors and paint them up to match!

Started the board this morning, got the 22mm MDF board for £2 after asking if there were any off cuts at my local B & Q, lucky me! Waiting on the styrofoam for the "ruined/looted library" That is going at the back of the board.

So far I've pencilled out where everything is going and started sticking plasticard down to make paving slabs. I made the tank traps by pouring plaster into an ice cube tray and letting it set. I then stuck em to the board with more plaster. Waiting for the crater to dry a bit before shaping it a bit better (it's also made of plaster).

Will be back with more shortly, possibly tonight!

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
603 Posts
You've done some amazing conversion work here, I'm sure you'll do well in armies on parade.
+rep for awesome models everywhere.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Moving along quite nicely.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
So here is the board very near completion. Just got to put sand on the wooden areas still visible. The white sheet on the back wall of the building is going to become a portal to the warp and my horrors are going to be placed so that they are running out of it. I'm going to have scrolls, books and pieces of paper scattered about the inside of the ruined building too. The white strips on the wall are soon to become bookshelves.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Sweet looking board man! I went back to the very beginning of the thread and took a look at your design drawings and I must say that you executed your concept and design very well. The rubble an distressing look great and the large paving blocks really blend into the landscape now with the addition of the extra labits of sand. I really can't wait to see the finished product man. I am always amazed at folks you do terrain so well. I just can't seem to get any of my terrain projects off the ground and those are prefab ones, let alone creations of my own. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Thanks very much for all the positive comments again! They really are a help, I'm finding it hard to motivate myself a bit right now and I only have until saturday to completely finish.

@chaosftw: those are most definitely tank traps, I'm glad you think they are so realistic, they were very easy to make!

Anyway, here is how it is looking after the addition of some sand and a basecoat. The san will be drybrushed lighter and the building will be drybrushed slightly lighter too. Will paint the road/paving white and will probably do the tank traps grey.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Keep going Stuff! The board looks amazing, you can't stop now I want to see it finished!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts