Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
superb work. cannot wait to see these things painted! especially with that freehand phoenix... brilliant!

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
My excuse is that he is a Daemon Prince, he has wings and claws, wouldn't be so surprising if one of his arms was slightly bigger than the other!
He looks less ill balanced now he has both arms.

I agree that a DP (especially of Tzeentch) can get away with looking subtley out of proportion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Quick update. Finished the DP last weekend but been busy painting my first finecast miniature for a painting competition at my local GW, think I'll enter it in the next themed painting competition on here.

Will hopefully get to painting this bad boi after the weekend (quite busy atm).

Wondering if I should faint his flesh in pink as I might some pink horrors for this army as well? I would probably just go for a pale blue if I don't go for pink?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Hmmmm I think that the pale flesh with a darker colored wing would really show off the conversion work mate! Your GS work is very clean and effective. Wonderful model stuff and I look forward to seeing it get some paint.

·
Registered
97 Posts
your free hand is great for a start!

now, modelling wise I was flicking through thinking, "Predator - good, colour scheme test on the arm - great, terminators - good, Deamon... P-P-P-Rrince.... *jaw drops* GREAT ZOMBIE JESUS!.... *looks away & takes a deep breath before looking again*.... GREAT SHATNERS GHOST!"

yup I like very much, can't wait to see some colour on that bad boy! keep up the good joo joo mate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thank you very much for the above comments and advice!!!!

So got the first obliterator/sorcerer painted and the objective markers.

Was pretty pleased with the phoenix and the force/power weapon effect. I think the model isn't particularly striking in general, might make the staff part of the weapon white to bring a little more brightness to the model?

My first finished Thousand Sons Obliterator:

Decided to try a sort of marble effect on the boulders, was quite pleased with that. Might not be totally obvious but the space amrine parts are supposed to be from some slain space wolves, as the Thousand Sons have a slight dislike for them... quite pleased with the space wolf icon on the powerfist too.

Thousand Sons objective markers:

What's the verdict then?!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The chest on the terminator is a little blank if you could add something that would be great.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I am with the other two. The chest needs something, but as they have said the Objective Markers are very nice. The boulders came out really neat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is your prince going to have a tail at all? Like where all this is going. I may have to do this with my swarmlord as the center.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Good to see the thousand dons getting some love. Love the completed pred. It is a magnificent piece of work. The terminator/sorcerer/oblits are simple neat and effective. Most impressed and looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thank you very much for all the comments and rep! It all really spurs me on to keep working!

I think I am going to add the mark of tzeentch to the terminators chest, haven't got round to that yet, still finishing the other two obliterators.

In the mean time I have a WIP picture of the deamon prince!!! I went with pink for the flesh as I am going to add a unit of pink horrors to my army. The sword is still to be tidied up along with a couple of spilages from the metallics and pink onto the blue. The wings etc are going to be painted with a pale blue/turquoise and lightened up towards the ends.

Nothing to do with my thousand sons but I painted my first finecast miniature for a competition at my local GW and took 2nd place to an incredibly well painted Logan Grimnar (think that's how you spell it?). I chose to paint Inquisitor Coteaz as I have always thought it was a cool model. Since I took this picture I have changed the bird slightly, lightening up the heads and brown feathers as they were kind of taking all the light out of the model, unfortunately I can't get any pictures of the updated model as someone offered to buy it from me for a decent price so I no longer have the model!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Great work on the inquisitor, it looks outstanding! I must say im not a fan of the flesh on the prince though, it could just be camera flash but it just looks way to bold and out of place for me, i like the idea of it tying in with the horrors though

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
What Dave said in a nutshell. I like the pink skin tone on the prince but I think that it needs some more shadows. As it is WIP it is hard to tell sometimes how something is going to turn out but you have a solid concept and are moving in the right direction.

Coteaz is fantastic. Great work on the folds of the cloak!

61 - 80 of 113 Posts