Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Some really nice looking models here Stuff! I look forward to following more of your progress.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Just a quick update for now. Nearly finished my 3 termiantor sorcerer/oblits. Here is how they are looking so far:

I just got my daemon prince kit so will be getting lots of that done too, might try get some done tonight and get a WIP pic up on here!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Holy craaaap that's awesome! That absolutely blows me away...

How is he going to be based?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Thanks for the positive encouragement and rep as always people!

Just a quick WIP shot of the deamon prince to give you an idea of where I am going with it!

Absolutely superb! That is a fantastic conversion so far! Look forward to seeing this one finished!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
About the edge highlights.

As someone who have built military tanks for the last 40 years i have observed that GW hobbiests are virtually the only ones that use the edge highlights, for me who as preiously stated that edge highlight looks very bad, sorry to say that, i suggest that you visit a military museum and take photos of what military vehicles actually look like especially especially overall appearence in regards to their natural paint coverage. A very good paint job deserves nothing less than accuracy, kill off the edge highlights.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

As someone who have built military tanks for the last 40 years i have observed that GW hobbiests are virtually the only ones that use the edge highlights, for me who as preiously stated that edge highlight looks very bad, sorry to say that, i suggest that you visit a military museum and take photos of what military vehicles actually look like especially especially overall appearence in regards to their natural paint coverage. A very good paint job deserves nothing less than accuracy, kill off the edge highlights.
Erm - when was the last time a real world tank was painted red or blue?

Sure, camo doesnt have edge highlights - but its a stylistic paint job and Although its a bit bright, I cant fault it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i thnk the demon prince looks really cool! the falcons head and the wings give it a really Egyptian look :)

i also rally like the blending you did on that one arm on the first page... looks superb!

got a question though, are there any other psykers know to use pyrokinetic powers ? like salamander librarians? and would it even be possible?

+sub and +rep :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Erm - when was the last time a real world tank was painted red or blue?

Sure, camo doesnt have edge highlights - but its a stylistic paint job and Although its a bit bright, I cant fault it.
Then again if @Stuff loves the effects of his paint job and is proud of his work, on reflection who in the hell am I to judge.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Holy craaaap that's awesome! That absolutely blows me away...

How is he going to be based?
Question answered below ;)

I was going for quite a stylistic paint job like @Maidel mention! A bit like the one here, take a look:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149051

I have to say I agree, I definitely could tone down the edge highlighting, on the lower edges of the vehicle in particular.

i thnk the demon prince looks really cool! the falcons head and the wings give it a really Egyptian look :)

i also rally like the blending you did on that one arm on the first page... looks superb!

got a question though, are there any other psykers know to use pyrokinetic powers ? like salamander librarians? and would it even be possible?

+sub and +rep :)
Thank you very much for the compliments and rep! I am not entirly sure if other psychers use their power to control fire etc, I'm sure you can find the answer to that question somewhere on the forums here or on lexicanum or a similar online 40k encyclopedia, sorry I can't be of more help!

Very good idea for the DP.

His hand looks a little large comparted to the rest of him; it might look better once he has both arms though.
Yeah I know exactly where you are coming from, I think it looks a bit better now though, check the pics below! My excuse is that he is a Daemon Prince, he has wings and claws, wouldn't be so surprising if one of his arms was slightly bigger than the other!

--------------------------------

Anyway, here we go! The DP is nearly finished! Just need to finish touching up some of the edges of the greenstuff. His crotch looks a little unnatural but he is going to have one of the loincloth things the thousand sons models have, it looks more normal from the back!

And a better look at the base! I am going to maybe add some old tattered books, scrolls and papers as well!

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looking fantastic mate! I love the way he is turning out!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Looks great man. Although for the DP, I still have the feeling that it could use something behind it's head. A symbol of tzeentch perhaps? Or one of the thousand sons headpieces? Or something Egyptian... I'm not sure, It might look better proportion wise.

I think the loincloth is a greatidea. More large spaces for your freehand skills! ;)

41 - 60 of 113 Posts