Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the sorcs sword looks abit as the way its being held looks like your going to hit the enemy with the thick side of the sword, rather then the blades edge, i would suggest if you can now, twisting it abit to be more flat to the ground with how you have those hands positioned.

and the one hand being bigger is abit odd too, but its chaos so its easily explained.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Looks good.

I think my edge highlighting could be neater and a more consistent thickness over the whole model.
It only looks imperfect on the extreme close-ups; once you look at the whole tank it seems fine to me.

Yeah I was going to mention that the phoenix wasn't central but forgot. It was central originally but it's right wing didn't look quite right so I painted over it with the blue and re-did it and now it is much closer to the edges and makes it way off centre unfortunately.
It looks centred along the sinister diagonal, so you could rebalance it with something in the lower corner to balance out the dexter diagonal. As it is in a pouncing/circling pose it would suit a symbol or possibly a stylised flame.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I just googled phoenix and it came up! not sure what the site is. It isn't identical to the image but you can tell it is where I got the idea ;)
Well you did a good enough job for me to recognise it instantly - so take that as a compliment.

It looks centred along the sinister diagonal, so you could rebalance it with something in the lower corner to balance out the dexter diagonal. As it is in a pouncing/circling pose it would suit a symbol or possibly a stylised flame.
Actually - that is a brilliant idea.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the feedback and the rep everyone!

Yeah I thought about adding something in the bottom right corner this morning actually! I think that is what you mean? lol. Maybe a small Tzeentch icon in the same colours as the phoenix?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
So just went for it and added the tzeentch icon in the corner of the panel. Picture ain't reat but shows what's been done.

good man!

Looks in balance now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So most of the bitz I need to make my obliterators have arrived (enough for one, half of the other two, don't ask..... not a happy bunny). I have done a large portion of the work for the first one. They are based on the black reach terminators (nice and cheap on ebay if you are running on a tight budget like myself!) with a couple of pieces from other places. If anyone is interested I am making my first tutorial on these guys!

It is still a WIP, need to finish the head dress thing and as he is a member of the Pyrae, he will be holding a flame of some sort in his left hand (still to work out how to sculpt a flame..).

So what's the verdict?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great man! I was actually going to do something identical to this on a converted daemon prince of mine. Glad to see that it looks as impressive as i imagined it to be
^ ^.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
The model looks great form in fornt, however the side view has a couple of odd things:

The front mid-bar on the crest looks too thick to me; I think it would look better the same thickness as the back one.

The right wrist looks uncomfortably stretched; it might look more natural if the forearm was angled down and the wrist angled less.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thank you for the positive comments!

@ Dave T Hobbit, I agree about the wrist but I don't want to risk cutting up the arm to reposition it, don't have any spares and can't afford new ones right now! I have filed down the front part of the crest to make it less thick!

More pictures of the obliterators will be up soon, they are near completion modelling wise!

But in the meantime, here are some objective markers I have whipped up while waiting for some models to strip and some green stuff to dry! I've added a couple of dead space marine bits which I will paint in space wolves' colours cos the thousand sons hate em!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I love the terminator.

I would like to say - 'you cheated!' but the end result works to well for me to say that.

(I say cheated because the head dress is, well, supposed to be on his head!)

21 - 40 of 113 Posts