Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having put my DH to one side now they they're (almost) finished, i settled on Thousand Sons to do as a new army.

Having wrestled with my first plastic/metal proper hybrid kit, i also settled on the fact that i hate them. with a firey passion. metal and plastic are not the best of friends. but still, i seem to enjoy, or at least get attracted to, challenges.

(oh, and sorry about the photos, i seem to have lost the knack...)

Thus, it begins...

my icon bearer (sans icon).. i was playing about with foundation paints at this time, but im pretty sure im going to use a darker blue. see next model...

chosen marine (chosen marines will have the green hand)

Chosen sergeant, though i need to change his bolter arm to one of the TS ones.

Now for the biggest part of the project thats been completed so far... Havocs. I really don't like the havoc models, the old shoulder config looks really crap, so i picked up some TS spares on mail order and a box of the new Plastic devs... and eventually (and i mean eventually) came up with these dudes...

well, theres one missing there, but you get the point, lots of GS gap filling. backpacks aren't quite finished, but i think they work...

next? Raptors... i might be getting too ambitious. I think ive settled on using IW heads rather than TS ones because the TS ones look a leetle bit silly... might have one done by the weekend...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
OOOHH!! This I'm very interested in. I'm due to start the actual conversions of my TSon Rubric Termies soon, and I'll have to make the Helm Crests from scratch. I have all the materials needed, but I'm still undecided on how to make them look. Your WiP log will be a great inspiration if its anything like your others.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, now thats very interesting. termies... i think i will wait for the GW chaos plastics and TS them to be honest...

you seen the ones on GW online?

if i were you i'd use the crest from the TS helmets, shouldnt be too hard to take off.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i'm aware of that. under current rules i'd used them as a marked, but not TS army.

change should be good. going to GW today to work on raptors...

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I do like the green hand idea. Very unique and individual.

I love the kneeling leader. You don't see many people using those legs for Chaos. Really looking forward to seeing them painted up.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest, i prefer the power fist leader... but hey-ho.

anyway, today i finished 4 raptors, would have done 5 but left the bitz for the aspiring champion at home. the long and the short of it is that they are fucking awesome. will hopefully have pics up after the weekend...

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i've finished my first 5 raptors, and decided that modelling is leading me towards an awesome assault army, so 5 more raptors are on their way, along with some Possessed with Daemonic Flight. This is the first of the possessed, whihc is a shit photo of a good, not great, model. i think the arms need work, positioning and stuff, suggestions on this are most welcome.

one note though, the raptors, who i will post later, are very Rocketeer, very dynamic, i want the possessed to be something more ghostly and slower, more floating than flighing at breakneck speeds. so nothing crazy eh?

oh, and one more thing, he'll be on a wire (going up his bum) so he'll be hovering over the ground by an inch or so.

anyway...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Even for a suit without a body, his bum's gotta not be liking you right now. Cool idea, but won't the wings make the unit difficult to play?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Looks quite good. Nice greenstuffing. Anychance of getting a shot of his back to see the join between the wings and the body.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool idea, but won't the wings make the unit difficult to play?
i really dont care about how they play, just about how they look...

Looks quite good
exactly, and not great, which is what's bothering me...

Anychance of getting a shot of his back to see the join between the wings and the body.
its nothing special right now, just smooth greenstuff. i need to work out something on there...

·