Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to play around a little bit with a nice alliance of two sets of Space Egyptians. I'd probably be playing the 'crons as some sort of Counts As, to fit them into the Thousand Sons.

Crimson Slaughter CAD (primary)

Sorcerer - lv3, Terminator Armor, Balestar, Force Weapon, Combi-Melta, Sigil, MoTz

Thousand Sons Rubric Marines - 8+1

Thosuand Sons Rubric Marines - 8+1

Thousand Sons Rubric Marines - 8+1

Heldrake - Baleflamer

Obliterators - 3, MoTz

Judicator Battallion Formation (Necrons)

Triarch Stalker - x2, Heavy Gauss Cannon

Praetorians - x7, Voidblade / Particle Caster

Praetorians - x7, Voidblade / Particle Caster

1999pts

·
Registered
773 Posts
When i saw the necron book i thought something simalar using the canoptek harvest as a Daemon Engine Scarab as the Spyder, with Tzeentches version of lesser Daemon Engine Nurglings as the Scarabs. The Wraiths could once again be Daemon Engines that have Screamers chained in them.
Would probably make them less pure Thousand Sons and more Thousand Sons and Dark Mechanicum. Though Tzeentch does have one of the 3 biggest daemon forges. The other 2 are a khorne daemonkin one and other is Iron Warriors.
I do like the idea of using Praetorians stats as some form of Thousand Son Assault Marines.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my idea; Praetorians would make really good remakes of Warp Talons, basically. Stronger, more durable, and with the Protocals instead of MoTz, so very similar. The Stalkers are just units that I rather have a crush on; I really like them. I could make these vehicles piloted my Astartes, or even a variant of some sort of Contemptor. I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run mine very anti-demon, actually. The only exception is the Heldrake, because it's too cool a model to give up. For that, i say it's an animated construct, the way they controlled the Warhound in 'A Thousand Sons'.

I may change out the Obliterators for a squad of 5 Terminators with a Reaper. Can't decide.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thread Necromancy at its finest!

Minor upgrades and such. Please let me know what you think.

Crimson Slaughter CAD - Primary

Sorcerer - Terminator Armor, Sigil of Corruption, MoTz, Combi-Melta, Force Stave, Balestar of Manaan

Thousand Sons - 8+1

Thousand Sons - 8+1

Thousand Sons - 8+1

Fire Raptor Gunship - Balefire Missiles, Reaper Autocannons

Obliterators - 3 w/ MoTz

Judicator Battalion (Necron Formation)

Triarch Praetorians - 6 w/ Voidblade, Particle Caster

Triarch Praetorians - 6 w/ Voidblade, Particle Caster

Triarch Stalkers - 2 w/ Hvy Gauss Cannons

I would really like to add the Malefic Ammo to the Fire Raptor, but the only way to find the points for that would be to lower the two Praetorian squads to 5 each. I have a thing for symmetry, so I can't JUST lower one, they'd be uneven. I thought about dropping the Sigil of Corruption (it's really unnecessary) and his combi melta, but that only gives me 34 points where the ammo costs 35.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts