9x Thousand Sons: Aspiring Sorceror, Doombolt, Rhino: 289
10x Chaos Space Marines: Rhino, 2x meltagun, Powerfist, Aspiring champion: 245

Vindicator: Daemonic Possession: 145
Predator: Daemonic Possesion, lascannons everywhere: 185

Should be around 2000pts

With this List I'm considering taking out one Demon Prince for a Sorceror and taking out the predator/rhino for a Land raider for the sorceror to ride with, since than I won't have to buy a Predator (I already use LR for my Khorne/black legion list)

I'm trying to be a little fluffy with these Tsons list by not using Oblits, or other cult troops is there anything I could add or remove to fit the theme better? It's for friendly games only so doesn't need to be optimal, but I do like to win! :p

And is it me or does Chaos have really poor elite choices? :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 terminators with 3 combi-meltas = awersome elite choice.

But besides that their choices are a bit dodgy/expensive.
I will try to fit the terminators in (have some unpainted ones lying around anyway).

How about a 2x CCW dreadnought for some extra cc?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I prefer the land raider over predators and obliterators over vindicators but thats just peronal opinion

Why don't you want to include oblits? just use conversions and count as rules if you don't like their background eg supreme sorcerers

Tzeentch Termis are fantastic unit and are cheeper than thier loyalist counterparts

Personally I think that the troop and fast attack are worse than elites. I think chaos need a cheap troop unit all the cult ones are very expensive and basic marines are expensive, and both raptors and bikers are overpriced for what they can do

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daemon Prince: MoT, WT, Wind of Chaos, Wings: 205
Chaos Sorceror: MoT, WT, Wind of Chaos: 175
Sorceror will ride with Land raider

3x Terminators: 2x Combi melta, 1x Heavy flamer: 105
Only have 2 models with meltagun :(

9x Thousand Sons: Aspiring Sorceror, Doombolt, Rhino, personal icon: 294
9x Thousand Sons: Aspiring Sorceror, Doombolt, Rhino, personal icon: 294
9x Thousand Sons: Aspiring Sorceror, Doombolt, Land raider, personal icon: 484
3 Troops choices seems little, but whatever

2x Obliterators: 150

For my 2k list

I could drop the Vindi's entirely and get more troops,but I don't know :p
And should I give my sorceror Termi armor and drop a regular Thousand son? I could also put in another DP without wind of chaos for the same pts.

decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I run a cheap anti cheap troop CC termis eg good against orks and gaunts. I tend to run 5 termis 1 champ with heavy flamer and chainfist rest pw and combi bolters, but thats more of a fluff choice than to super deadly. IoT keeps them safe from most anti termi weapons out there.

I play pure 1k sons, The old codex and the apoc sheet doesn't allow basic termis any upgrades. so thats why i run them naked. The "leader" flames infantry to help kill hordes which the sons other wise struggle with (the heavy flamer is actually a crafty spell... honest!). They can also intercept assault troops on the way to your line strike before alot of them and power weapons chew threw assault marines, stops your actual sons getting in combat which is a good thing.

For suicide tank popping oblits are probably better, and if they survive are more of a threat in later turns as combii termis are a one shot wonder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts