Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was writting a question in the "Rules Discussion" section I started thinking of how the Thousand Sons looked. I don't know a whole lot about them and I was curious: Why are they dressed in an (lack of a better word) "Egyiptian" fashion? My only guess would be there close relation to Tzeentch and sorcerery but thats a fools (my) guess.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They originally had all crimsion armor. Hit them up on lexicanium, it shows a small pic of them pre-heresy. Or look at the cover of the A Thousand Sons novel....shows alot of them, Captains, Terminators, even Magnus the Red. While they did have a particularly egyptian theme prior to the heresy, their current blue and yellow colors with the egyptian headdresses are just products of their time in the Eye of Terror.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I imagine the "culture" of Prospero to have been Egyptian-like in some aspects, as we can see in the Horus Heresy novel, A Thousand Sons. Seems the bigger buildings were all pyramid-like in shape.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I didn't know if they had a specific reason or if thats just the fashion sence they followed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well on Prospero there where pyramids according too the stories. but i think its like a lot of the other fluff bassed around real history. Prospero had a giant library right well the biggest and most complete library was that of alexandrien (my bad if i miss spelled that one) in egypte so i think that is the reason why GW sticks with that. besides the egyptien where the first race with a defined alfabett and they wrote the first books.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
well its the same reason why most of the legions have there own sorta theme, its how the planets civilization developed during the age of strife, some like Caliban developed into a king Arthur-esque culture, fenris into a viking-esque culture and the ultramarine's into a roman-esque culture(i think im remembering that rightly). its the same for the thousand sons, prospero civilization developed into a Egyptian-esque culture, and so when the magnus the red was discoved and placed in command of his legion they adopted parts of the culture and they become how we see them now, with the Egyptian style.
(p.s Egyptians weren't a separate "race" they were a civilization there's a difference)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts