Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I was toying with. Still teaching myself the daemon codex.

Sorcerer - 130
lvl 2, spell familiar, Icon of DG, MoTz

Sorcerer - 130
lvl 2, spell familiar, Icon of DG, MoTz

Thousand Sons - 242
8+1, Sorcerer

Thousand Sons - 242
8+1, Sorcerer

Thousand Sons - 242
8+1, Sorcerer

Heldrake - 170
Baleflamer

Kairos Fateweaver - 300

Pink Horrors - 210
x20, Blasted Standard, Instrument

Pink Horrors - 210
x20, Blasted Standard, Instrument

Burning Chariot - 120
Ex Flamer w/ Greater Reward

Total: 1996

Fire! Lots of fire. Just something fun I was playing with. Kairos is amazingly scary.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A few points. Remember that the Instruments allow you to reroll 6s if you hit one of your own units with Tzeentch's Fire--and since you don't have any Nurgle units, nor are you running Daemons as your primary contingent (making it so you don't roll on the warp storm table at all), they'll have precious little use. Unless you're planning on deep striking the Horrors and two other units in, that is, which might not be that advisable.

The Burnjng Chariot looks awesome, but it really isn't. It really, really isn't. Thanks to the fact that passengers (such as the Exalted Flamer) count as having moved if the vehicle moves, and the fact that both of the Flamer's attacks are Heavy and short-ranged, you'll practically never get in range before your AV10 is shattered. Depressing, since the Pink and Blue Fire of Tzeentch are fantastic, otherwise, but... I'd rather go for a Soul Grinder with Phlegm. That, or a Daemon Prince who can get yet more psychic powers, plus an exalted gift swapped for Grimoire or the Portalglyph (the latter being nice because any sized squad of horrors, even just d6, can still shoot a full basic Flickering Fire). Plus one of those two would make a great counter-assault unit in an army of 1ksons, horrors and... Fateweaver. Not much melee capability there.

I'd try to get an ADL for your Horrors to hunker behind (going to ground for a rerollable 2+ cover save is fantastic), and some reliable anti-air. Also, with how many psychic tests you'll be taking, I'd maximize the number of them you can reroll: buff those sorcs to ML3, and while you're at it, give them SoCs, since a 3++ save is much better than a 4++ save that you're paying more than a SoC for (especially on both, since you only need one to take 1ksons as troops). Alternately, instead of AoDG or SoC, consider Termi armor. It lets the Sorc stand at the front of the unit and tank light arms fire that your 1ksons can't deal with that well, LOS!-ing away those pesky AP2 shots onto your 4++ minions. And it only costs as much as a SoC on the Sorc, due to his already having a power weapon--that's well worth 10 points over your present kit, I daresay!

The army list will have trouble against Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Nids with this many witchfire powers.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Since this is a fun list I wouldn't bother with the Horrors behind a ADL trick (i've retired that list now, as it becomes very boring very quickly, and is just stupidly unfluffy IMO), but it works amazingly well if you looking for competitiveness.

Do yourself a favour and houserule the Chariot so it it can fire after having moved :) Since this is a fun list, your friends should have no problem with this ;-)
It's a great model IMO and it fucking sucks that GW haven't (as far as I know, haven't checked in a while..) FAQ'd this yet. Bit of a travesty, actually, as literately no one takes it because of this...I think simply making the Flamer Relentless would solve the issue, if I am not mistaken...

Anyway, aside from that. Yes, terminator armour on Sorc great idea, using/abusing LOS with him at the front. Happy days!

Fateweaver: I admit I am using his model as a LoC, so am playing him as the polar opposite to Fatey, a melee monster like a two-headed Skeksis from the Dark Crystal:

Damn Gelflings!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking about looking into this army again. Not sure why; I just love the idea of a super-heavy sorcerer force. I don't have C:D near me so I can only go by sketchy memory, but this was the idea I came up with most recently:

Sorcerer
Lv 3, AoDG, MoTz

Sorcerer
Lv 3, AoDG, MoTz

Rubric Marines
8+1

Rubric Marines

8+1

Helldrake
Baleflamer

Obliterator
MoTz

Obliterator
MoTz

Kairos Fateweaver

Pink Horrors (Cultists!)
x20

Pink Horrors
x20

1992 pts

I had actually forgotten about this posting when I made the list randomly on my phone. I liked the idea of alot of warpfire being thrown around, even the Obliterators kind of playing the part. I could probably switch over to Termie Armor instead, and I'd like to find points for Spell Familiars, but it's pretty tight right now. Maybe dropping Kairos down to just a Lord of Change or some such?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Daemons points:
when taking Daemon allies there a few things that are a deffo with csm and some that are not, working around fluff as well.

Instead of kairos take a LOC with 2x Greater gifts and ML3 and take divination. he is too expencive really. I take a Cheap tzeentch lv2 herald with locus of conjuration which really buffs my CSM with divination.

Dont take that many Horrors. one squad is enough since they should only really be shooting at very light armour so not to give away FNP. you objective holders are your Sons. if u feel u need 4 troops then take another squad of them.

Your other fluffy options inc: Tzeentch Soulgrinder with phlegm (a dirt cheap and better defiler), a Tzeentch Daemon prince as a allied heavy support choice.

CSM points:
Your HQ sorcerers if they are MLv 3 should really have a spell familiar. I run mine like this:

Sorcerer - 165pts
+ MLv 3
+ MoT
+ Sigil of Corruption
+ Spell Familiar

They are very nasty and with buffs from ur Aspiring sorcerers they own more than they should.

Oblits should be together otherwise your just waving a big sign saying " First blood this way"

Nice fluffy list just needs some tweaks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I know a lot of ppl seem to think the upgrade to lvl 3 psyker on LoC is a must-take, but from what me and friends have seen it really isn't.
Give him the staff of change or a mutating warpblade. Both hit at AP2 at Initiaive 6 and do terrible things to any models you kill: Mutating warpblade turns slain characters into chaos spawns, staff of change makes them explode over other models (though this also affects yourself). Hell, in some games I have taken both and RAW they BOTH explode AND then turn into a Chaos Spawn. This is glorious!
Basically, one lesser and one greater reward. If you don't like the greater reward you can turn it into a mutating warpblade and take it alongside the staff of change. However, most the greater rewards are really decent and can buff your LoC to new levels of crazy.
My personal faves: Corpulence: +1 Wounds and It Will Not Die! Daemonic Resilience: Feel no Pain 4+.
Then you can take prescience and re-roll all hits in close combat on top of this. A melee monster, but watch out for the crappy 5++ save and make sure you challenge and keep away from tarpits and pick your targets wisely...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts