Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys, new here so ill give a little back story then get right into it.

I've been playing fantasy for a few months now, playing a game or two almost every weekend. I've been using beastmen up until now, so I'm sure some of those tactics will show through in my lists/games with wood elves. My main opponents have been vampire counts and tomb kings, although we have a sizable empire and high elf army floating around my group, and a friend just started collecting Lizardmen. with that in mind thoughts on my 1500 pt list would be appreciated.

Lord/Heroes:
SpellWeaver lvl4(I'm thinking life or shadow) bow dispel scroll 250
Shadow Dancer helm of the hunt 120

Core:
11x glade guard hagbane champ musician 185
12x glade guard hagbane musician 190

Special:
5x Wild Riders FC shields scarecrow banner 165
5x Wild Riders FC shields gleaming pennant 165
20x Wildwood Rangers FC standard of discipline 265

Rare:
8x Waywatchers

comes out to 1500 on the dot

So the spellweaver huddles up in the smaller GG unit throwing out buffs/debuffs, both GG units try and deploy in forests if possible and shoot at anything that moves Prioritizing big monsters and Heavy calv/infantry to try and whittle some wounds off with poison before they get to my guys.
I'll probably have one unit of Wild riders counter charging/chaff hunting and the other hold back as a charge deterrent for my other units until a juicy target presents its self.
The shadowdancer leads the WWRs into the fray, negating the rank bonus of those damn skellies/ghouls/zombies/ect. and the extra attacks should help mitigate the damn summoning of more.
The waywatchers i'm on the fence about. everything I hear about them is great, but I can't take the numbers I want without making some major changes. I was thinking about trading them for warhawk riders, then upgrading the Wild Rider banners, not sure though.

what do you guys think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts